Where to buy rebuilt stock brake caliper (must have original look)

texas_snake

Established Member
So I did a second brake job that has been haunting me. One of the pistons has been sticking. Played with it and improved it, but the brakes are a bit tighter than they should be (specifically compared to the other side and checking heat with a drive).

So I want to get a stock replacement rebuilt caliper. This is the front passenger side. I am finding many calipers are converted to "generic" where they removed the cobra or they are not painted. I need an exact replacement.

Anyone find this for a reasonable price and you turn in your core?

Thanks.

Stanger00

Established Member
Rockauto sell rebuild kits.

I bought a few calipers from autozone and rock auto but I wanted the blank calipers and I got a couple 1 out of 4 had the cobra logo IIRC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turbov6231

Established Member
How hard is it to rebuild the original, was going to have mine powder coated they need to be stripped down for that, would just like to rebuild with a new kit, that kit is for the dual piston cobra brake caliper?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

texas_snake

Established Member
So I am trying to track down a complete original rebuilt one, but depending on price I may rebuild it.

So I am just see what is on the market before having to do the effort to rebuild it myself. Often price is similar for a rebuilt one, but our Cobras are a special part with the logo on it.

Autozone had a new one that was not painted and did not have the logo. So that will not work.

texas_snake

Established Member
OK. I gave up looking for a replacement "rebuilt" caliper which would look like the original. It seems many have the "Cobra" removed or painted over, so an exact rebuilt version seems elusive at best.

I ordered the rebuild kit from LMR and got it in a day (since we are both in Texas). And I got the washers for the caliper brake line from Ford. Ford did not offer a rebuild kit, only replacement calipers for $300+.

Hopefully this info is helpful to another member if they need to rebuild a front caliper.

Users who are viewing this thread