Where to buyThinwall Socket's???

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
I bought American Racing Rebel wheels for my cobra and sure enough when I tried to put them on yesterday I couldnt get the 13/16 socket inside the holes in the wheels to tighten my lugnuts. I was told I need a thinwall socket but NO ONE carries them that I have found yet. Can anyone help me out?

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
JB is that for a thinwall socket? I went to sears and they said they had no thinwalls and that link doesnt say anything about being one as well?

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
"Thin-wall construction gives access to hard-to-reach areas without loss of socket strength"

under Full Product Description

I have a set of them (20 yrs old now) and they're very thin

CANiHaveGasCash

Established Member
screw the thinwall. if your not going to be using an impact wrench to take them off or put them on get a 3/8" drive socket and a 1/2" to 3/8" step down adapter and you will be in business. I have had to use this trick a couple times at work when my thinwall sockets did not fit

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
I simply took a regular deep well Mac socket and ground it down until it fit. I just let it "rotate" on the grinder while grinding it and it works very well. I never use my impact on it though.

Users who are viewing this thread