where to get a solid rear for 04 cabra

F8LVNM

Established Member
where to get a solid rear for 04 cobra

Yes I broke my IRS so now its time to get a solid rear an need help finding one.

Last edited:

F8LVNM

Established Member
You know I ment cobra sorry about that. I have search a bit on diff sites and have not found what Im looking for.

20-COBRA-03

Banned
Hey man, im still waiting on that vid incase u forgot... anyways, id go to lethalperformance. they have solid axle kits.

F8LVNM

Established Member
Looks like ford isnt going to fix it so Im not going to be driving the cobra any time soon till I get the $$$ to fix it or get the solid rear, thanks for the help guys.

CY98Cobra

Established Member
Get one from a junkyard for a couple hundred bucks. Then you can drive the car and upgrade it as you get the money or time.

JPIStang

Stay Classy San Diego!
Established Member
CY98Cobra said:
Get one from a junkyard for a couple hundred bucks. Then you can drive the car and upgrade it as you get the money or time.

Yeah I agree. At least you'll be able to drive the car while you're saving up money for a decent limited slip unit, 31spline moser's, gears, PHB, T/A, and coilovers. (recipe for a great live axle setup) Don't forget to have the torque boxes reinforced and axle tubes welded.

joemayo

Established Member
Sorry to steal the thread... Junkyard has a 02 GT but one of the axle tubes is slightly bent by the rim it's not cracked just bent.. could i fix this or just don't bother??

JPIStang

Stay Classy San Diego!
Established Member
joemayo said:
Sorry to steal the thread... Junkyard has a 02 GT but one of the axle tubes is slightly bent by the rim it's not cracked just bent.. could i fix this or just don't bother??

If it were me I wouldn't bother.

F8LVNM

Established Member
:bash: Im going to try another ford dealer an see if they will take it I think the reason why the last ford dealer didnt take it b/c there was rubber all under the car an I had my time slips in the car with the helment in the trunk. So am going to clean it up under the car an take the helment an time slips out.

JPIStang

Stay Classy San Diego!
Established Member
F8LVNM said:
:bash: Im going to try another ford dealer an see if they will take it I think the reason why the last ford dealer didnt take it b/c there was rubber all under the car an I had my time slips in the car with the helment in the trunk. So am going to clean it up under the car an take the helment an time slips out.

No, I doubt that had anything to do with it at all. :eek:

Consider yourself lucky if they didn't put it in Oasis. If they did, you are screwed.

F8LVNM

Established Member
They said since there was rubber all under the car an that I had D/R tires that it has been dogged, but then I asked if the D/Rs affect the warranty an they said no. So there saying that if you drive it like it was made to be driven (fast) that there not going to warranty it. Dont think that I am some kid that just got the car to race an dog it b/c daddy didnt buy this one so its my baby, but there is nothing wrong making that supercharger scream every now an then.

JPIStang

Stay Classy San Diego!
Established Member
F8LVNM said:
They said since there was rubber all under the car an that I had D/R tires that it has been dogged, but then I asked if the D/Rs affect the warranty an they said no. So there saying that if you drive it like it was made to be driven (fast) that there not going to warranty it. Dont think that I am some kid that just got the car to race an dog it b/c daddy didnt buy this one so its my baby, but there is nothing wrong making that supercharger scream every now an then.

They are pretty clear about not warrantying damage caused by racing. Last time I checked, going down the drag strip qualifies as racing. DR's, bits of rubber everywhere, soap number on the window, helmet in the back seat, and time slips are BLATANT indicators of racing.

F8LVNM

Established Member
Yeah I know, but my car was there for 2 1/2 day an I told them about my DR's an they said that was fine as long as the rear was stock.

Users who are viewing this thread