Where to get a Styling bar for a vert

TJS95Cobra

Established Member
I just bought a 2003 Cobra Convertible. I would like to know where or who makes the best styling bar with light for our cars. Thanks

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
look up haney motosports on the web. Best price anywhere for the CDC one..which is the one you want.

And hook up the brake light...if anyone says it's to bright inside of the car with the top up..it's not. I can't even tell unless I look in the back when it is on...

Mport_KLR

just a gt;)
Established Member
personally i like the low profile saleen one. that with a nice tonneau cover looks very nice IMO

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
I bought mine directly from Classic Design Concepts in Michigan, I live in Ohio so it was next day delivery.

http://www.classicdesignconcepts.com/catalog/itemdisplay/463.html

Install was under 4 hours and pretty straight forward this is a great step by step write up:

http://www.mustangweekly.com/2000/August/lightbar/lightbar1.asp

And the brake light cutoff switch, (this is a MUST so the brake light is diabled when the top is up) I bought from WebElectric Products, plug-N-play harness
is a piece of cake to install:

http://www.webelectricproducts.com/products.htm

Good Luck

Tommy98016

Heavy Ass Vert
Established Member
Cobra330 said:
look up haney motosports on the web. Best price anywhere for the CDC one..which is the one you want.

I bought mine from Haney Motorsport also, best price I found.

here are a few of mine installed

2155188_4_full.jpg

2155188_12_full.jpg

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
4 hour install? I am down to an hour, including BS-ing. :poke: Just messing with ya.

First one took 2 hours by myself. Piece of cake if you know how to read and understand what you have read.

Haney here, too.

BTW, the low profile Saleen bar lines up directly with your rear view mirror. Try to see one in person, installed before you buy one.

Last edited:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Two hours, holy crap! My install took me probly about 5-6 hours with my gf and my friend helping out. Directions from CDC were kinda sparse and pictures weren't too detailed so a full net writeup is key. Good luck though, it really improves the look of the car.

BTW, 03vert, I idolize your car and hope that someday mine will look even remotely as good as yours. You have the perfect cobra.

Cobra-21

I feel the need...
Established Member
I also bought the CDC, great product & never regretted it. Installed it myself one night in the garage, took 5-6 hours working slowly. (Measure twice, cut once).

Got mine direct from CDC, although Haney had their price beat by a few bucks.

Regarding the brake light cut-off switch, I thought I'd have to have it but turns out it wasn't so bad without it. Hardly notice the brake light at all. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread