Where to get a Tune in South Florida?

knowfreed0m

Blown Is Better
Established Member
ok first off it's not for me it is for a friend of mine who rencently installed a Procharger kit on his '00GT. He's running the 8lb pulley with all supporting mods ( Intercooler, 42lb injectors, MAF, Pumps...) He doesn't even wanna run the Procharger chip in it because we all know canned tunes are crap (unless Im wrong about prochargers tune??)

Anyway so I told him to go to Sam@Coastal, or even to get mail order like I do but he really wants to have it tuned local by a GOOD tuner. He spoke to Mustang Specialties I belive and they gave him a quote of $150 an hour which seems good- but has anyone heard of them good or bad?

Throw up some suggestions of local tuners until I can convince him to drive up to see Sam :beer:

knowfreed0m

Blown Is Better
Established Member
Miami, Broward, Palm Beach area.

He's not a hardcore drag racer or anything he just wants a safe tune that'll get him like 400rwhp. If we cant find anyone good then I think he's gonna go mail order :shrug:

Stang GT

Bring it on!!!
Established Member
im giong to be trying mak performance tomarrow for my tune now that i have my cams installed i'll let you know how that comes out

knowfreed0m

Blown Is Better
Established Member
He ended up driving to tampa and had it tuned by Sam @ Coastal. He did a really good job.
I've had MAK install a couple mods for me a couple years ago. They are cool people Willy and Ludy I didnt know they do custom tuning though :shrug:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I would recomend Bart at Billet Desing, heard really good things about him. 954 975 3557. His shop is located in 2433 Nw 16th Lane, Bay 1 Pompano Beach, FL

Last edited:

fastball19

South Florida King !
Established Member
knowfreed0m said:
He ended up driving to tampa and had it tuned by Sam @ Coastal. He did a really good job.
I've had MAK install a couple mods for me a couple years ago. They are cool people Willy and Ludy I didnt know they do custom tuning though :shrug:

Yes they are..those are my peeps

thubigdawg

GO CANES!!!
Established Member
I honestly do not recommend anyone here in Miami, plain and simple. I have heard horror stories from all the guys around here. I have never dealt with Willy at MAK and if I were to get a custom tune, I would go to him. Other than that, your friend was smart to go to Sams.

FleeMan

Established Member
Premium Member
Make an appointment with Willy. You'd have to call GAW Diesal. Money well spent and great guy to deal with.

Users who are viewing this thread