Where to Get Sub Frame Connectors Installed in SE, MI

raider187

Ne Desit Virtus
Established Member
I'm looking for a good shop in SE Michigan to get some Sub Frame Connectors Installed. I would prefer something close to Dearborn/DownRiver/.

Any Opinions?

Thanks,

:beer:

RJM

Informed SVT Poster
Established Member
Sorry, I would have said Kelly Motors at the corner of Old Fort and Gibraltor in Rockwood Mi. but there not there anymore. I'll ask around

stradt03

Established Member
hey raider, try calling Livernois or detroit spedworks and see if we bring in two cars for SFCs if we can get any kind of deal...i'm in the market for some sfcs also.

jason

COBRA90GT

The Joe is rockin'
Established Member
I had mine welded in at DSW, but I think since that whole merger thing, they (Speedworks) are now out of Livernois in Dearborn Heights...

raider187

Ne Desit Virtus
Established Member
Originally posted by SVTman74
Goto L:ivernois. Its close.

plus I thought you were selling??? to buy a toyota echo hybrid or something

My car is up for sale, but that doesn't mean it will be sold. :-D

ROF :smmon: O yeah... a TOYOTER, that would go over real big with the UAW guys... NOT They would probably set fire to it on day one....

I'm going with Livernois... I'm buying the HANS Racing SFC...

SVTman74

stupid people make me mad
Established Member
ROF :smmon: O yeah... a TOYOTER, that would go over real big with the UAW guys... NOT They would probably set fire to it on day one....

I'm going with Livernois... I'm buying the HANS Racing SFC... [/B]

What you talking about I see more non fords in our hourly lot than ford.:burn:

djtech

Established Member
Originally posted by stradt14
hey raider, try calling Livernois or detroit spedworks and see if we bring in two cars for SFCs if we can get any kind of deal...i'm in the market for some sfcs also.

jason

I'm getting mine done at Livernois when I save the $$$

BadAzztt

Established Member
I notice on my car that there is already some sort of frame connectors installed. I guessed because it was a vert, are these factory and if so so you guys just remove these to install the aftermarket ones you are talking about. The reason I ask is because how much stronger than factory could they be? I was just thinking of welding in place the ones that are bolted there in the first place. Any info on this?

COBRA90GT

The Joe is rockin'
Established Member
Originally posted by BadAzztt
I notice on my car that there is already some sort of frame connectors installed. I guessed because it was a vert, are these factory and if so so you guys just remove these to install the aftermarket ones you are talking about. The reason I ask is because how much stronger than factory could they be? I was just thinking of welding in place the ones that are bolted there in the first place. Any info on this?

I believe the factory SFCs on 'verts are only regular/standard length. Obviously, they are "OK," but upgrading to full-length SFCs would be ideal.

I suppose if you're going to weld in SFCs, you might as well do it right the first time and purchase full-length SFCs and have them welded in - know what I mean?

raider187

Ne Desit Virtus
Established Member
Originally posted by COBRA90GT
I believe the factory SFCs on 'verts are only regular/standard length. Obviously, they are "OK," but upgrading to full-length SFCs would be ideal.

I suppose if you're going to weld in SFCs, you might as well do it right the first time and purchase full-length SFCs and have them welded in - know what I mean?

I myself would go with the Maxx Motorspots and was planning to, but I want jacking rails & little bit more steel.

The Hans Racecraft look good to me, KB, or Global West. If I kept my Cobra N/A, I would go with a good aftermarket model.

I believe that Ford Dealers were welding on the stock 99 vert's SFCs if you had some kind of problem, but I don't recall. :read:

Users who are viewing this thread