Where to Hook Up Water Temp. Gauge and Oil Pressure Gauge>>>

SilverStallion

Attn To Detail
Established Member
I am hearing that the new 5.0 is not an easy motor to install aftermarket gauges on. Where is a good place to connect and Autometer:
  • Water Temp
  • Oil Pressure

Also, I would like to connect an under hood fuel pressure gauge as I have on my 2000 GT - is there a place to connect this style gauge?

Any help would be appreciated as I need to decide if I should order these gauges for the new 2012 arriving any day.

Thanks.
~Darren

kingnut

Established Member
isnt there electronic alternatives to this? like running off the ODB-II even bluetooth setups.

mcduffer7

Established Member
This is what I did for my 2011 5.0 to hook up a Ford Racing electric water temp gauge and a Ford Racing oil pressure gauge. It was a tight fit to try and T off of the stock oil sending unit so I ordered a sandwich adapter from Glowshift, I ordered the one for a 2004 as I knew the oil filter thread was exactly the same as the 2011 and yep, I was right and its a perfect fit. Plenty of room to install the Autometer sending unit into it and I blocked off the other 3 ports with the plugs supplied. As far as the water temp, I could find no suitable place for the sender and did the same as you searching, reading, looking at pics of the engine so I just settled for a water adapter made by Autometer also and it taps into the radiator hose and allows the sender to install into it.

Heres the links: Vehicle Specific Oil Filter Sandwich Adapter

Auto Meter 2283 - Auto Meter Radiator Hose Adapters - Overview - SummitRacing.com

mcduffer7

Established Member
Also, your other option is to buy the Boss Gauge Pak with 3 gauges and pod that hooks into your OBD-II port but runs well over a $1000...........

SilverStallion

Attn To Detail
Established Member
Thanks for the assistance thus far guys; I appreciate the links as well. The other gauge I was contemplating was the Autometer Electric Fuel Pressure Gauge. Is there a logical and accessible place on the car to install this piece?

The scan gauge or Aeroforce gauge that you reference, where would that connect? The other question; if I were to pick up teh Autometer Air Fuel gauge to hold a spot in the triple pillar until I decide on the third gauge, is there a logical place to tap it in that is easily accessible? I know it is a light show only however, it would hold a spot for the shows for now.

Lots to learn and it is challenginf when I do not even have my 5.0 yet; good news is the dealer is expecting it in the next 2 weeks so I am trying to have the mods lined up and here.

~Darren

Entrenched

Established Member
Gauges

Get the dual Aeroforce Interceptor gauges. They plug in the factory OBD II port and can read any parameter that the computer measures. They can pull and erase DTCs, you can set up warning lights, and they come in various colors and configurations. Lethal keeps everything in stock.

Here is mine:

DSCN5927.jpg

kingnut

Established Member
Get the dual Aeroforce Interceptor gauges. They plug in the factory OBD II port and can read any parameter that the computer measures. They can pull and erase DTCs, you can set up warning lights, and they come in various colors and configurations. Lethal keeps everything in stock.

Here is mine:

DSCN5927.jpg

looks good how much do they run?

SilverStallion

Attn To Detail
Established Member
Saweet set up! A couple questions:

What paremeters are available through out 5.0 ports; can I access:
Engine tetemperature?
Volt meter?
Oil Temperature?

Also, how do you run two of these gauges if they plug into the OBD - is there an adapter I need for the second unit? Also, does it hang down and interefere with leg room or id the connection hidden?

Thanks once again.
~Darren

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator

Here is mine:

DSCN5927.jpg

That would be my suggestion.

Saweet set up! A couple questions:

What paremeters are available through out 5.0 ports; can I access:
Engine tetemperature?
Volt meter?
Oil Temperature?

Also, how do you run two of these gauges if they plug into the OBD - is there an adapter I need for the second unit? Also, does it hang down and interefere with leg room or id the connection hidden?

Thanks once again.
~Darren

It can read anything the computer has a sensor for.

Users who are viewing this thread