Where to now??

Famine

Established Member
Ok, so first, let me list what I have currently.
2013 brembo m6
Ported cj manifold
CJ monoblade
Frpp Intake
SW longtubes
OR Xpipe
gt500 AB
373's
Shaftmasters one piece ds
BMR adj UCA
BMR LCA w/ relocation brackets
Koni yellows
FRPP k springs
BMR adj panhard bar
275 nt05's all around
AED tune
MGW shifter on the way.

So I'm looking for the next step. My tuner recommends against cams, but that's really all that is left to stay n/a. I wanted a nice n/a build with this car since my last 5.0 was a brenspeed 650r setup. I was thinking Stage3 Comp Cams without the limiters, but I have been informed that valve float would be an issue. No other cam setups have really been recommended due to this. I was thinking add boss valve springs and then those cams, but I'm not sure if I should continue down this road at this point. Any advise on a tad more power. I wanted to get to 500whp for a weekend fun car with the occasional non-competitive autox. I'm starting to think I should switch my goals to a nice Paxton w/ torque booster setup from beefcake. Anyone out there have any cam advise that could keep me on the n/a track? If so, what setup and do you have any helpful documented builds?

KushBandit

Established Member
You could go with more compression. Compression and high lift cams are the recipe for N/A power. Cobra Jet cams come to mind. The "baby cj" cams aren't too shabby, OldBones runs them if I'm not mistaken.

You could also get some bigger injectors and run E85, if you have it locally available.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread