Where to purchase 1 piece driveshaft for 2011 GT500?

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
The drive shaft shop makes great drive shafts, Dynotech and a few others are great choices as well.

Check out latemodelrestoration.com, americanmuscle.com, lethalperformance.com, vmpperformance.com.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
^^This. There are no shortages of 1-piece driveshaft offerings for the GT500. I've had two from The Drive Shaft Shop (DSS); their aluminum one and now the carbon fiber one.

Fast Ford

Established Member
I've read a lot of negative threads on two Mustang forums about the Drive Shaft Shop product, from vibrations to CV failure. Their shaft is also not a true bolt in shaft, you have to use a an adapter plate.

Here's a few places to look at: Axle-Exchange located in Fairfield, NJ, Ford Performance, Precision Shaft Technologies and Shaftmasters.

Hope this helps...

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
My DSS one piece shaft has performed flawlessly for 5 years and was a true bolt on which took me 45 minutes to install taking my time. I bought it from Lightning Force Performance for $619 shipped. But that was awhile ago!!

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I've read a lot of negative threads on two Mustang forums about the Drive Shaft Shop product, from vibrations to CV failure. Their shaft is also not a true bolt in shaft, you have to use a an adapter plate.

The CV failures were from a bad batch a few years ago. That issue has long since been fixed, and DSS replaced the bad joints free of charge, except for shipping costs. The vibration can supposedly be remedied simply by disconnecting one end of the shaft, rotating it 180*, and reconnecting it. The adapter plate is a nonissue since it fits inside the pinion flange. You don't have to do any modifications (cut, drill, etc.) to any existing parts of the car, so I would still call it a true bolt-in piece.

hotford

Established Member
there's a 13-14 factory CF DS for sale here,guys asking 500
contact Tob and see if he still offers the hub that will allow the use in 07-12 shelby's....worth every penny....

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Tom at Wenstrom Design and Fabrication is the one to talk to about a billet adapter hub so that you can use a factory '13/'14 CF shaft as mentioned above. It really is a great mod that gives you OEM fit in a factory performance part that is extremely robust.

actfastus

Established Member
Can somebody pls help with where to purchase a 1 piece driveshaft for my 2011 GT500.. Thx

I have a new DSS drive shaft exactly for that car as I have a 2011 as well. I didn't like it as a daily driver so I only had it on for two weeks. It had more vibration/noise than I thought it would. It does provide some good performance most noticeable in 2nd gear. Let me know if interested.

Users who are viewing this thread