where to start troubleshooting?(Back fired twice then no start)

fast astro

Established Member
Last night I had a Shelby gt500 pull up next to me and wanted to try out my car, both in 1st about 15mph I let him go 1st then I gave it gas at 6k rpm I shifted into 2nd but my car died on and backfired twice as the mph was going down. I pulled over and tried starting the car up and nothing its cranking but doesn't start at all. Car has a stock 10 spline, new clutch, main concern are that those 2already are not broken. My question is should the car turn on if any of those broke? I've had a similar issue about a yr ago were car wouldn't start because pprv delete hose popped off because it had no clamp on it, I hope that's what happen cause that's a inexpensive fix. Any ideas or opinions would b appreciated....

fast astro

Established Member
if there was any transmission problems like it breaking something or if the input shaft broke it would still turn on right just not b able to move anywere?

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
if there was any transmission problems like it breaking something or if the input shaft broke it would still turn on right just not b able to move anywere?

Correct. Engine would still fire and run. It would just not be able to move.

JDUB348

Established Member
Last night I had a Shelby gt500 pull up next to me and wanted to try out my car, both in 1st about 15mph I let him go 1st then I gave it gas at 6k rpm I shifted into 2nd but my car died on and backfired twice as the mph was going down. I pulled over and tried starting the car up and nothing its cranking but doesn't start at all. Car has a stock 10 spline, new clutch, main concern are that those 2already are not broken. My question is should the car turn on if any of those broke? I've had a similar issue about a yr ago were car wouldn't start because pprv delete hose popped off because it had no clamp on it, I hope that's what happen cause that's a inexpensive fix. Any ideas or opinions would b appreciated....

Might have answered your own question did you put a clamp on that hose?

I recently had a similar issue with my car (before i did PPRV delete).. i ended up changing the oil, spark plugs, oil filter, and new fuel rail pressure sensor and she runs like a champ again. Do you have the little disc inside the FRPS for the pprv delete?

Last edited:

dogg502

Established Member
i blew my sct mass air meter in two pieces one time and it died( thats what happens with lots of boost and shitty BOV)

Anabolic

Banned
all you need to run is fuel/spark/vaccum, dont need the drivetrain and you would know if those are damaged...

check fuel pressure at rail

frps like everyone else said

Users who are viewing this thread