Where to tune in or near Denver?

BadAzztt

Established Member
I am going to be in desperate need of a tune when I get my car back together. I want to get it tuned once and tuned right and need to know a location near Denver to get this done. I am willing to travel some if I have to but am really unsure about driving the car far without a tune.

I bought the car about three weeks ago and only drove it for a week before I pulled it apart because the HP bug bit. The mods started off small but now since it's been down they have just started piling on.

Here's the list so far:
Steigimeier Port
Off road x-pipe
Flowmaster catback
Predator tuner
2.8 upper
MGW shifter
Subframe connectors
MM Irs Bushings
Eibach Springs
4lb lower
Pro-m mass
Either 50 or 55# injectors(haven't decided)
4.30 gears
JLT CAI Intake

Also thinking about
KB BAP and 100 shot of juice

Like I said the HP bug bit HARD.

67scstang

SVT
Established Member
Not alot of guys around town. If you give me a PM I can give you a couple names that you could check out. Do you have a Predator?? I see it is listed in your sig. You might consider doing a RWTD custom tune and then just checking it on the dyno. James at RWTD get his tunes right on 99% of the time. If anything is off a little you can adjust it while you are on the dyno. You would not have to do any major adjustments.
I have similer mods and his tune has been great the first time around.
There is a good dyno shop in Parker. I would not want them to tune my car however, just dyno it.

BadAzztt

Established Member
I have considered getting a mail order tune and I hear James is one of the best. My only problem with that is I am not sure how well he will be able to tune around the aftermarket mass and the 50# injectors. Any thoughts on this?

n0xlf

Established Member
He's done a lot of tunes on not-so-ordinary types of setups, so I think you would be fine...Also, my understanding of the new way that he is doing is tunes (off of the MAF and not via fuel tables) is that he can set it to be a certain AF and that the car will generally produce that AF regardless as to mods...That being said, there always seems to be some variations...

I would go with the Predator, a custom tune from James, and dyno at MAC autosport in Parker (http://www.macautosport.com) ...

If you have concerns about your setup, run it by James and see what he says...He may be willing to do a "virtual dyno" session with you like he did with me...You'll pay a little more to the dyno, but I was able to email him the runs and get new tunes immediately...It only took a few runs to get a PERFECT AF - Probably one of the flattest I've ever seen...

02 Lightning Bolt

TIRES on FIRE
Established Member
BadAzztt said:
I have considered getting a mail order tune and I hear James is one of the best. My only problem with that is I am not sure how well he will be able to tune around the aftermarket mass and the 50# injectors. Any thoughts on this?

His customer service is horrible. Doesn't answer emails or phone calls for weeks on end. :bash:

67scstang

SVT
Established Member
04 Lightning said:
His customer service is horrible. Doesn't answer emails or phone calls for weeks on end. :bash:

Never had a problem, i'm on my 4th new tune. For all the guys I know around here we have a combined total of about 20 tunes, no problems!! :beer:

BadAzztt

Established Member
I hear more good things than bad about him, so I guess I'll go ahead and wait for a quality tune. I do kind of like the virtual tune idea. How hard was that to set up and what does the shop charge for it?

n0xlf

Established Member
BadAzztt said:
I hear more good things than bad about him, so I guess I'll go ahead and wait for a quality tune. I do kind of like the virtual tune idea. How hard was that to set up and what does the shop charge for it?

The shop is only charging you for the time on the dyno itself, so you can count on about $120 (for an hour) for that...They don't do any of the actual tuning (well, they can, but they really don't have any Cobra experience)...Other than that, it is just a matter of setting it up with James for a time that he will definately be around to accomodate it...

You also may get lucky and have it right on the first time, in which case it will cost less...

BenD

Established Member
Go with James!

I'm about to do that same thing. Im going to send my Predator to James for a custom tune. Most everyone has the utmost confidence in his expertise. The only draw back, from what I gather, is the demand and work load far exceeds his available time to chat with all of us on the phone or respond instantly to questions. I've heard no negatives about his work only some grumbling about response time. I personally can live with that.

Users who are viewing this thread