Where were you when the towers fell?

lzr red Cobra

Established Member
I went to school that morning and was running late. i dont usually listen to the radio, just my cd's. i got to school and they had this security check point thing going. i was so aloof.

i get to class, and the teacher says shes gonna let us go in light of whats "happening"

still clueless, i went all happy to the student center, just to be floored by the images on the tv's there.

that was the strangest day ever, no airplanes in the sky... it was surreal

i was nowhere near ground zero, i cant even begin to imagine.

God Bless America

-In Rememberence of those who lost their lives on that horrible,horrible day

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I was selling auto parts back home....and was told about it by an Arab guy....kinda ironic I thought...

RRTX

Established Member
I was on the northern coast of Germany conducting missile live fires. Talk about ironic, training to shoot down planes when it happened. It tooks us quite a while to find out what was going on because we were a couple hundred miles from the nearest US installation and all we had was german TV.

i8u

Established Member
On the phone with my twin brother who was there. It was quite emotional......

When they fell he was 1 block away and the phone cut out. He called 3 hour later to say he was fine. My mother was a wreck untill he called. I saw the whole thing from the begining to end on tv. It was a fked up morning....

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
I woke up when the first plane crashed into the building because I fell asleep with the tv on the news channel.

SVT1999

Livin' Life
Established Member
I had just gotten home from work and put on the TV.... I stayed up all day and just watched the news all day. Later that night I found out my friends step mother was on flight 11.

Ripper

And Then Some............
Established Member
Working in a junkyard. I didn't know about it till around 2 pm ! When someone told me I thought they were joking. I remeber how eerie a feeling that was ! :( My hearts go out to the families. :(

a 92 lx

Established Member
I was thinking about starting the same thread. I live about 35 minutes away from manhattan. That day, I had woken up, stumbled to the computer, only to see a picture of the first tower to be hit. The rest of the day I heard military jet's flying over my house. My father went to ground zero to help use some heavy machinery, he brought home a few pics as well. I'll never forget anything about that day.

Never Forget......9/11/01
FDNY NYPD...All gave some, some gave all

hj16

Established Member
Walking to the bus stop, when I stopped at my friends house. He came to the door, opened the door, and ran back to the family room. I asked whats up, and he just said "come look at the TV, you wont believe whats happened" He was right. Seconds after I starting watching the 2nd plane hit. It was a moment of disbelief I'll never forget, or let anyone forget.

Truly one of the worst days in history.

THOF

I was at a transmitter sight changing the blower motor in the transmitter to get a radio station back on the air. When I called the station to tell them to sign on the owner told me that some jets crashed into a building in NY

nj7703

Established Member
I was at work. Watching it on MSN on my PC, then i took off, for a hill in town, i could see the smoke, the jets overhead just after, saw the smoke from the jets. By the time i made it to look out the 2nd tower had fallen and it was a HUGE plume of smoke like i have NEVER seen. Even 32 miles away it was just missing, you used to be able to see them clear as day, just dust and smoke, almost looked like pictures of Mount St Helen Volcano, just smoke. Never felt so angry in my life, feel just as angry today, if not more.

stevieb

Established Member
I was at work when one of the mechanics came to the office and said turn on the tv, a plane just hit the WTC. We turned on the tv, after seeing the burning first tower for about 30 seconds, we saw the second plane hit tower #2. I knew that we witnessed it live because you could hear the news commentators shock in his voice as it hit. Ill never forget that day ever

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
I was right here at work and remembering having an argument with one of my "know it all" contractors that it was a terrorist act. He was convinced that it was just a random accident, of course he changed that story once the second plane hit. Then the Pentagon got hit, that's only about 40 miles to the North of me, and I used to be stationed one mile from it. The worst was when I finally got home and realized that the joy I feel getting home with my daughter coming to greet me at the door will never happen again for so many after that day. That made me break down.

S.C.L.A.98COBRA

Established Member
I was a block away from LAX airport were I work, I was here at about 5am when someone I work with called and told us to watch the tv. My company had to close for about three days because all the airports were shut down, we felt that LAX might have been another target so they closed down.

ssssnake

Established Member
I was sitting at my desk at work. One of my bosses was on her way to work, heard it on the radio and called the office and told us. The minute I heard the first plane had hit the World Trade Center - I knew it was a terrorist act.

SohowcomeHottie

SVT Goddess
Established Member
I was at work, Zach was emailing me telling me about it, so I hooked up on any internet site I could get on. They also had a television on in another office. When he first told me I was like "oh ok" then when the 2nd hit the devestation hit me more. Hazards of work making me so aloof.

GoatDaddy

I was at work, on the phone with a vendor, and someone from our New Jersey office called to tell us. I got off the phone and we all went to our service manger's office, where there was a small TV. about ten of us crammed in there to watch it replayed over and over again.
For days I just felt hollow, because everywhere you looked--on TV, in the papers--there were these images of the plane being swallowed up by the building, people in business suits falling from the towers, the wreckage afterwards, people holding signs with names and pictures of the missing. It just made me sick. My wife was pregnant at the time, and it really made me wonder what kind of world I was bringing a child into. Then I realized there is nothing wrong with the world, just a few people in it who want to ruin it for everyone but themselves.
F@ck terrorists.

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
i was at work walking down the hallway and passed the tv we had in the showroom.the news broke in saying a plane went in the WTC then i saw the other happen before my eyes. quite a sad day when all of those people were involved.to this day i still feel very sad and pissed off at the same time.:gt:

Users who are viewing this thread