Which 9 inch rear end did you buy?

DMotorsports

Established Member
Thinking about upgrading to a 9 inch rear end sometime before I do a built motor next winter. After weighing the options, I think I'll be more satisfied with this in the long run rather than upgrading the 8.8 and adding c-clip eliminators. I know Moser, Currie, and Strange are big names in the industry. Just curious which manufacturer u guys have gone with.

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
I wouldn't buy a Moser M9 again. That's for sure. Unless i was going to install aftermarket rear brakes. Moser only did R&D on an 05 Mustang. They haven't figured out yet. That Ford used different brakes on 07's and up. So when you go to install the brakes. They don't fit and they are to stupid to listen. So you end up doing your own R&D. I'm not the only one that's had a problem ether. They experience the same problem as me.

Kostas

Established Member
Thinking about upgrading to a 9 inch rear end sometime before I do a built motor next winter. After weighing the options, I think I'll be more satisfied with this in the long run rather than upgrading the 8.8 and adding c-clip eliminators. I know Moser, Currie, and Strange are big names in the industry. Just curious which manufacturer u guys have gone with.

I have a S&W 9" with Moser axles and wavetrack. I dont know what your goals are, as far as power, but if i was to do it over again, i would go with a built 8.8....JMO

Robertt305

Devil Dog
Established Member
Moser axles, gears, axle girdle, and an axle brace on my 8.8 and it's holding up pretty well....

Users who are viewing this thread