Which Axle Back

KRS

Established Member
I have the stock exhaust on my 2011 and I'm looking for a more throaty sound without any drone. I'm considering the Ford Racing Touring or Sport mufflers (which I believe are Borla). Just looking for an opinion on these two mufflers and how they sound.

Or any opinions on a nice sounding axle back, I'm not looking for anything overly aggressive.

Last edited:

barspen

Established Member
Had lots of drone with the FRPP sport axle backs on my 2011. Nice tone at WOT, but didn't impress me at start up or idle. Sent them back after a week and returned to stock. But the tips looked great :)

nxhappy

Established Member
I love my Corsa's with stock catted mid pipe.

About to add a catless H pipe. Might have to switch muffs lol.

GeigerZ

Established Member
Just installed the Borla Touring AB's on the 2012 GT500. Absolutely no drone! Sounds great, but that's subjective.

Here's a comparison while sitting in the garage.

[video=youtube;MvjNADVpZ4E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvjNADVpZ4E[/video]

kw_rc

Established Member
I know you said no drone but I'm going to plug the Roush axle backs. They do drone but this can be overcome if you keep the car in the right gear. They sound amazing with cats. Startup, idle, acceleration, deceleration, WOT all sound like a muscle car. I know it's a matter of preference but I've gotten used to them. The tips look super cool too. Your call. Good luck with your choice.

Speedboosted

Established Member
The Roush's on my car never really drone unless I'm at like 1250 rpm on the highway in 6th. Honestly the in cabin noise while normal driving is near the same as the stock, and like others said everything else is just plain awesome. I got them for free too :) A lot of people want our stock axle backs

Users who are viewing this thread