Which Backing Plate for PC 7424 ?

Blk91stang

Established Member
Premium Member
I currently have the yellow foam-edged backing plate that seems to come with all the kits. I had my PC on speed "6" with very slight pressure when all of a sudden the mount melted out of the yellow piece and flew off.

I ask if this backing plate is a higher quality and will not get destroyed like my other one did? It looks to be made stronger for the same price.

I probably won't run my PC up to speed 6 anymore and will use 5-1/2 since I dont want to run into this problem again. Anyone else ever have this problem??

Any comments before I throw down the $$ would be MUCH appreciated!!!

I'm running ALL products through Scott (6.5" Lake Country Pads, etc)

http://www.coastaltool.com/cgi-bin/SoftCart.exe/a/lakecountry/buffing-pads.htm?L+coastest+dtgl0789ffe70ce7+1210152859

Scott P

Established Member
Did you get the backing plate through me or the one from Coastal? Lake Country updated the design on their backing plates and I haven't had problems with the new ones.

Blk91stang

Established Member
Premium Member
The backing plate I got was from you in your CCS Buffing Pad Starter Kit. I don't know why this happened. I even used the white, screw-on one that comes with the porter cable and it started to seperate from its own backing plate. It seems that on Speed 6 I generate a good amount of vibration through the entire machine and its effecting all the weak points and creating tons of heat. I guess I can purchase another one from you Scott and work the Menzerna products on 5-1/2, but just take more time to do it until the polish breaks down.

I placed my order around January just for reference and its the yellow one with the foam edge.

I appreciate the help Scott!

Juztang

Obsessive Detail
Established Member
I think there must have been a bad batch of backing plates, I just had 3 bad backing plates a few weeks ago.

Juztang

Obsessive Detail
Established Member
Yeah Lake Country is really good about taking care of issues like that.

Blk91stang

Established Member
Premium Member
I guess I should contact Lake Country directly? Maybe i'll holler at them tomorrow if I find their contact info and see what they can do.

I appreciate the help everyone and your the only guys to blame for making me spend $400+ on all this detailing equipment!!! :cuss: :coolman:

Finaltheorem47

I'm a Lead Farmer
Established Member
Yeah, vibration was an issue, both me and my friend ordered our backing plates from another vender on a sale they were having in January and both of ours had HORRIBLE vibration. We got new ones though, but yeah it was was a bad batch, its horrible trying to polish when the thing is trying to jump around on you lol.

Users who are viewing this thread