Which Borla on Vert???

BLWN46

Established Member
I want to wake up my exhaust note, but i do not want any drone! Is the stinger system loud at highway driving speeds? I was thinking the 14858 system with the mufflers. Any comments appreciated, remember i want it slightly louder than stock, and i would guess the convertible will be louder than the coupe cars exhaust from the ****pit.
Thanks

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
You will get drone right at 72 MPH on the stingers. It stops droning over 80.

That's the nature of the beast. I used to get a little irritated by it, but now I'm used to it. :thumbsup:

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
You may also want to consider replacing the the mufflers with Magnaflow SS. For the most part, you will gain sound and a more HP. Not as much as a Borla setup but far more cost effective. They are straight through in design and look 10000% better than the borla ones.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
BLWN46 said:
...snip... Any comments appreciated, remember i want it slightly louder than stock, ...snip...

If you want slightly louder your choices are Magnaflow or Flowmaster. I have owned/driven both and would stay Magnaflow.

Borla will be significantly louder with the stock H and BRUTALLY louder with any aftermarket pipe catted or not.

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
BLWN46 said:
I want to wake up my exhaust note, but i do not want any drone! I was thinking the 14858 system with the mufflers...
CLICK HERE for Borla 14858 (aka Steeda) info. Reasonable musclecar tone without the drone...along with the best looking tips in the business! :)

2003 Silver

Banned
BLWN46 said:
I want to wake up my exhaust note, but i do not want any drone! Is the stinger system loud at highway driving speeds? I was thinking the 14858 system with the mufflers. Any comments appreciated, remember i want it slightly louder than stock, and i would guess the convertible will be louder than the coupe cars exhaust from the ****pit.
Thanks

I have a vert and had the Stingers...too much drone and quite loud. Now I have the Steeda c/b (same as Borla mufflered version....Borla makes it) coupled with MRT catted h...love it..no drone!

Emmerson_Biggins

Huge, that is
Established Member
BLWN46 said:
Thanks

There are folks here that really enjoy the Steeda system for a quieter, but still very good performing exhaust. Just a thought.

Don't get the SLPs, my set up is loud as hell.

astippich

Established Member
Go with the borla 14858 or the steeda, they are exactly what you describe you want. I have stingers/mrt catted h and its pretty damn loud.

69sta03cobradan

Established Member
I am very satisfied with my Borla 14858, sounds like the one you would want...Deep throaty muscle car sound, roar at WOT and quiet at idle with no drone, although it is louder than stock at 1800 to 2100, I don't consider this drone...

themadgmkillr

99 Cobra...Yeah Baby..!!
Established Member
PlatinumCobra said:
You will get drone right at 72 MPH on the stingers. It stops droning over 80.

That's the nature of the beast. I used to get a little irritated by it, but now I'm used to it. :thumbsup:

you drive over 80...rebel - look whoevers asking Stingers/Loudmouth are both loud, but also well worth it, just keep a catted H/X and you'll absolutely love it!! :rockon: :beer: :lol1:

man up and get the stingers, everyone else here wanting quiet exhaust must be old!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread