Which brand lower?

SBSnake

Established Member
alright fellas im wanting a 4# lower to go with my 2.8 upper. Ive seen most people are going with the Metco kit but at $430+tax its pretty steep. The LFP kit is selling new for $300 so is the Metco kit really that much better? Anybody have previous experience or can help id appreciate it for sure. Thanks guys :beer:

BBCOBRA

Established Member
The LFP lower kit should be just as good but I have heard alot more complaints about their pulley hub not being true or in alignment causing a slight wobble. This can be a problem with the life of the belt and some believe this can be the cause of the crank failure in some cases.

04RiceEater

Established Member
I just got a 4# lower from Metco and it looks and fits great. I dont know about the other brands but I am very pleased with the Metco and would pay the extra $$$ for no problems down the road.

Iron Fist

Established Member
I have a Metco 4lb, the quality is excellent; although it did require some fine tuning to center the pulley assembly.

SBSnake

Established Member
ah i was afraid of that. i had already pretty much decided to drop the extra cash on the Metco kit anyway, thanks for the help guys

Users who are viewing this thread