Which cams ?

Blackmax

Established Member
My motor has factory stock heads and cams,the compression is slightly under stock as well. Basically a stock motor other than rods, it runs awesome but I'm thinking cams and might upgrade other valvetrain components. Any suggestions for cams? Motor currently makes 918 h.p. and 900 torque.

image_zpsrkqzksr3.jpg

2010 Red&white

Established Member
Time for more than rods at that power and wanting more . oil pump , cams , springs , pinned crank , pistons , E-85 fuel system ?
Cooling mods too....Crower Stage 3 or 4 for Cam suggestion

Blackmax

Established Member
Time for more than rods at that power and wanting more . oil pump , cams , springs , pinned crank , pistons , E-85 fuel system ?
Cooling mods too....Crower Stage 3 or 4 for Cam suggestion

The pistons are JE coated but less compression than stock, ARP bolts and I believe the billet piece for oil pump. I am currently racing with 116 fuel for safety. The Kenne Bell 4.2 has 4 inch pulley on it so set for low boost. I am looking for a used set of heads right now and plan to start building another motor soon. I just heard bad things about the cam package I was just about to buy, I hope to lower my boost and still get same h.p..

Last edited:

Blackmax

Established Member
Here's a timeslip from last year that backs up the h.p. and I was lifting at the end as I only have a roll bar no cage.The car has run 148 mph but that was still lifting a bit. The transmission is still the original that came in the car and never touched but I did put in a RXT clutch 5 years ago. I weighed the car last week at track and its 4125 lbs so pretty close to factory weight. There are a few events coming up where I will be able to run car full out so we'll see.

image_zpsqitjuvt5.jpg

Blackmax

Established Member

Good call, I have spoken to Mike before and they know their stuff. I'm actually very happy with the motor I have now but going to start a fresh build for next season unless this one last longer lol I need stronger rods and some valvetrain pieces for sure. Cams and a bigger exhaust will bring the boost down to a lower level. The guys I speak to with cams seem to be running much cooler than I am.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread