Which catback exhaust?

vemom93

Is there a reason nobody talks about the Pure thunder catback from ARH? Seems like a lot of the performance shops put this on their car and people are always commenting about it when they hear it in person. I haven't been able to experience in first hand, and not sure how loud they actually are.

This coming from a guy that had long tubes, Basanni catted X-pipe and Magnapack's on a 2006 Mustang GT manual. I loved that sound to death and the ARH sounds about as close as anything has since they switched to the 5.0.

PIKE5.0

Established Member
I started with MBRP Race, like it for the price.

Then I added the MAK Cat Delete, unreal drone.

Now I have the MAK + ARH catback - awesome. Should've spent the money in the first place

vemom93

I started with MBRP Race, like it for the price.

Then I added the MAK Cat Delete, unreal drone.

Now I have the MAK + ARH catback - awesome. Should've spent the money in the first place

One a scale of 1 to 10. 1 being bone stock, and 10 being open headers. How loud is the ARH catback?

PIKE5.0

Established Member
With the cat delete I'd say 5. At idle it's not loud at all once warm, oddly quiet actually.

Zero drone, very clean sound throughout. Ready to slap the ARH headers on soon for the whole enchilada

ACESnEIGHTS

Established Member
Guess I m a little late, but I had single tip Roush installed by the dealership. Had same on 2013, and now on my 15. Zero drone, sounds great when you get on it. If I remember was less than $800. I installed them myself on the 13, but didn't want to do the required cuts necessary on 15-16 5.0's

jdcobra

Established Member
I'm selling him the comp catback with less than 500 miles for $650

vemom93

With the cat delete I'd say 5. At idle it's not loud at all once warm, oddly quiet actually.

Zero drone, very clean sound throughout. Ready to slap the ARH headers on soon for the whole enchilada

Yeah I am pretty sure i am going to do my entire exhaust ARH from what I am hearing. Headers back. Stuff sounds way too good. I know lots dont like how high pitch it is with the headers and x-pipe, but it sounds like a cup car to me, and I cannot get enough.

dynasty_365

Established Member
I'm a big fan of the flowmaster outlaws. Had them on my 12 with over axle pipes. Resonators deleted. Sounded deep and aggressive. A little rasp. Nothing major. Loud tho. But beautiful

Users who are viewing this thread