CAI
Longtubes
X pipe off road
Catback
All suspension mods done

So what’s a good clutch to buy ?

Gruca

Established Member
I really liked my Exedy clutch and steel flywheel. A lot of people go Mcleod RST. Mantic is supposed to be an awesome clutch as it doesn’t just have an on/off engagement. It seems like it would be really good for a DD car making good power. It’s expensive as shit though.

I just put a Mcleod Street extreme with a lightened steel flywheel and after 1,200 miles on it, I’m not a fan. It grabs VERY well and the car always seems to want to just go with it. However, the clunks and noises I’ve experienced have been annoying. They’ve slowly gone away over time, but if I shift too slow, I get clunks, too fast, clunks...you have to shift perfectly or it clunks.

Stang Lover

Established Member
I got an Exedy with matching flywheel on mine. No issues at 8K shifts like butter. I was gonna go RST but at the time people were having issues left and right. Buddy had an issue with spec didn’t even leave the shop so they sent it back to get rebuilt and it’s good now. I had an Exedy before and it treated me good and it’s treating me good for a 3rd time.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread