Which Clutch?

ripnroar46

Established Member
Which clutch would you all reccomend using? I know i'm going to need to change out the clutch eventually so might as well ask before it goes. I had a Spec Stage 1 put on my mach and I absolutly Hated it! It made a lot of chatter, made way too much noise, the clutch was pretty darn stiff compared to stock and feathering it was not an option, it was very hard to do. What i'm looking for is a clutch that is about as quiet as stock, good for at least 400 hp, max my car will have would be 500 hp, and one that could be feathered so traffic jams aren't so bad. Is there any clutches out there that are like this? And i'm not too familar with clutches so what all else should I get besides just the clutch, is a new flywheel need? And I know I should get a firewall adjuster with new quadrant and adjustable cable, probably the steeda one.

Thanks in advance! :bowdown:

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Centerforce Dual Friction all the way!! Jared
ripnroar46 said:
Which clutch would you all reccomend using? I know i'm going to need to change out the clutch eventually so might as well ask before it goes. I had a Spec Stage 1 put on my mach and I absolutly Hated it! It made a lot of chatter, made way too much noise, the clutch was pretty darn stiff compared to stock and feathering it was not an option, it was very hard to do. What i'm looking for is a clutch that is about as quiet as stock, good for at least 400 hp, max my car will have would be 500 hp, and one that could be feathered so traffic jams aren't so bad. Is there any clutches out there that are like this? And i'm not too familar with clutches so what all else should I get besides just the clutch, is a new flywheel need? And I know I should get a firewall adjuster with new quadrant and adjustable cable, probably the steeda one.

Thanks in advance! :bowdown:

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
black03 said:
Centerforce Dual Friction all the way!! Jared

Gee Jared, Do you know anybody who sells those things?? :rolling:

BTW: I need some stuff. I'll call you this week!

Last edited:

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Senkak said:
Gee Jared, Do you know anybody who sells those things?? :rolling:

BTW: I need some stuff. I'll call you this week!
LOL

Looking foward to speaking with you.. Glad you finally got your car back! Congrats! Jared

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
ripnroar46 said:
I need the 10 Spline right? I sent you pm on steeda springs today, hope to do business with you :rolling:

10 Spline for the stock input shaft...IN STOCK!!

I gotcha on the Steeda stuff as well.. Just want to check availability and pricing tomorrow so I can take care of ya. Jared :beer:

ripnroar46

Established Member
black03 said:
10 Spline for the stock input shaft...IN STOCK!!

I gotcha on the Steeda stuff as well.. Just want to check availability and pricing tomorrow so I can take care of ya. Jared :beer:

Cool thanks man!

Users who are viewing this thread