which color wheels for my WRX?

which color rota grid rims for my daily driver WRX?

• gold

Votes: 90 50.0%
  • hyperblack

Votes: 75 41.7%
  • white

Votes: 15 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

01strimbullitt

BYAH!
Established Member
Blue and gold FTW!

bbsgold.jpg

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Both Gold and Hyperblack look great, but Gold does edge it out a bit for me. has that nice tuner look without being too ostentatious. White is super homosex, might as well be with all the kiddies and put orange or pink.

SVTlove

USAFR Recruiter
Established Member
Just to give this thread an update... I finally bought some wheels. I went with the gold ones. They are being shipped. Ill post some pics when I get them on the car.

Last edited:

SVTlove

USAFR Recruiter
Established Member
Not sure of the difference between the WRX and the STi(clearance wise,besides the Brembos), but I ran 18x9s with re01r's, no issues. Stock height, no mods.

The offset of all the Rota wheels in a 18x9 or 18x9.5 is what makes it difficult. I am running standard lowering springs only. To run an 18x9 or larger I probably should be running coilovers and need to adjust the camber in both front and rear, and roll the fenders. I spoke with the webiste that sells rota wheels and they said 18x9 and 18x9.5 on my wrx is for looks only not handling. That in fact it will make it ride like crap. I want to take my wrx to a road course for fun this summer a few times, and handling is important to me. A bit more so than looks. The look of the wvider rims is killer, just not practical for me. Also, the 18x9.5s will fit the stock ride height with no adjusting needed, but looks downright silly on my car. My Subaru looked like it was lifted on the stock ride height. Springs were my first mod when I started driving the car everyday.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread