Which do you prefer-Cat-back??? Fox-body

93KingCobra

Established Member
I know its been asked a million time over but I did search and did not find the results I was looking for..

What would you consider the best overall cat-back exhaust if money was not a issue??

I really like the Bassani Stainless steel B/C I had that on my 03 Cobra and the sound was unbelivable..I like the look of the Mac but I have heard alot of negative things about the product..(Rust, fitment....)There is always Flowmaster but is the full cat-back really worth it. And with the Flowmaster C/B which one is for the 2 chambers( Force II or American Thunder) :shrug:

If there is any other suggestion I would love to have them....

Thanks

Last edited:

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
On a 5.0: I like the sound of an X-pipe with the Dynomax "Welded" (also called Race Magnum) catback. It gives a raspy high rpm sound. Otherwise I like the 'ol H-pipe and Flowmaster sound....more american muscle car sound.

The Mac catback, to me, sounds like a set of cheap glasspacks.
Bassani is always nice yet always expensive.
Magnaflow has a nice sound also.
SLP Loudmouth is just plain nasty (in a bad way) sound...even cheaper sounding glasspacks.
Hooker Aerochambers sound good, sort of like Magnaflow or Bassani

mustangcobra93

Established Member
I've had a flowmaster catback on my car with and with out dumps and I liked it both ways. I now have dynomax bullet dumps on the car.

PJM99

Established Member
I love my Flowmaster catback, but if I had money I'd probably go bassaini all stainless

sled

Established Member
ive got 3in mac. i like it the best of all them. ive had a the flowmaster and they sounded good, but the mac is bad ass with the blower and its got nice tips. its not rusting and its 5 years old.

Lee

Established Member
2 chamber Flowmasters sound the greatest! But I sure liked the quality of my Bassani system.

MChester

Kenne Bell Blown
Established Member
I vote Bassani. Have the bassani x-pipe and cat back on my 93 cobra and love the sound and appearance. The stainless steel looks sharp under the car.

03BlownSnake

SVT Tech
Established Member
I have full bassani exhaust on my Cobra (catted x pipe and catback) and I love the way it sounds, I also get tons of compliments about it.

91lxcoupe

NOTCH U
Established Member
Stainless steel is always better b/c of rust issues in the future. I love my (cobra186's :-D ) flowmaster 3 chambers, o/r h pipe and bbk shorties. Although about to be changed out to BBK longtubes, o/r x pipe and maybe dynomax catback. Heres a short vid to kinda hear what it sounds like now.
Good luck w/ your decision.
www.mikestoyz.com/91lxcoupe/Kevin1.wmv

lmnvnm

Established Member
I installed Mac and wish I would have spent more money for Bassani. Fitment took too long and the tips were not long enough to clear the Cobra bumper properly.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Full Bassani OR a Magnaflow true X with MagnaPacks.

I like the sound of the packs better personally, they are a little deeper, and don't have the blatty sound the Bassani tends to get with the baffles removed.

Best of both worlds would be to get the Magnaflow system and have the Bassani baffles in the tips.

Users who are viewing this thread