WHICH EXHAUST SHOULD I BUY FOR MY COBRA??OPINIONS PLEASE!

03cobracoupe

Established Member
Well i just bought a cobra and its too quiet so which exhaust should i get? I was thinkin about getting magnaflow, but keeping my stock H-pipe. How much power do u think i would gain and how do u think it would sound???? thanks;-)

cobra racing

Established Member
I had the same questions but after reading the posts for a week or 2, it is up to personal preference. It sounds like the magna flow is the preferred. Has anyone gone to the borla race or street mufflers?

ArizonaSnake

Established Member
Hey guys...

I've already posted that I am VERY happy with my Magnaflows.
I was concerned they would be a bit loud, but they are not. I am running just the catback at the moment. Need to get the mil adaptors before I put on the Bassani X pipe.

The Magnaflows are very pleasant. Louder than my stock 2001.. at idle but not terribly so. Louder under acceleration but sounds great. NICE burble when you are decelerating. A bit of a "drone" at 2k RPM but it doesn't bother me. I guess I am referencing this to a set of 2 chamber Flowmasters I had on a 94GT 5.0. Those were too loud.

I can't speak for the other catbacks for this car. No 2003's around for me to compare it to. There is a modified, supercharged 2000 4.6 GT.. with Flowmasters and again.. TOO LOUD.

Mac03Cobra

Texas Lightning Rod
Established Member
Magnaflows.... Check out my posts with installation pictures. You won't be disappointed with this system..

CobraCraig

Established Member
My vote also goes to the Magnaflows. HP/dollar you just can't beat it. They fit perfect and sound great.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Bassani my friend, all Bassani, nothing but Bassani.

Great PERFORMANCE
Great THROTTLE RESPONSE
Great SOUND

Very happy with my system.

ArizonaSnake

Established Member
I've not heard the Bassanis..... I have the Bassani X-pipe off my 2001.. reason I went Bassani is I got a GREAT price for it when someone lemon-lawed their 2001.

But for a cat-back.. my only observation for the Bassani would be $ $ $ $ $ $ $

Found their stuff to be VERY expensive.

Ah but then again.. I haven't run in the 12s (yet). :rolling:

Still laughing about that post......

Of course at 3k' elevation my chances of doing so are going to be pretty slim. Going to the track tomorrow night.

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
No question the best bang for the buck is Magnaflow CB. Sound is a personal preference, but I like the Magnaflow on that front as well. I'm waiting for my system to come in.

MJ32V

Established Member
Bassani... check this out. Drove past my local speed shop last week. Wound out 1st & 2nd with newly installed Bassani catted X and cat back. Came back later that day to pick up oil filter & oil. Two of the guys behind the counter (both Chevy fans BIG time) told me that the car sounded awesome. In the past, these guys would barely say hello at the counter... this time they had to come out and check out the car!

MJ

ArizonaSnake

Established Member
I'm a Ford fan thru and thru.. but years ago I was a bow-tie guy.
A good car, regardless of brand, deserves it's respect. I appreciate a good looking, running car regardless of who makes it.

Glad the Chevy guys dig the Cobra.

sqidd

Established Member
Bassani

Ran down the freeway (I-94) today with a Black 03 Cobra with a Bassani X pipe (no cats) and a Bassani cat back system. Sitting behind him at 80MPH with my windows cracked and my stereo up his car was stupid loud. Just rolling on the throttle in 6th produced an amazing amount of noise. We later raced off of a light on Michigan ave and I could barely hear my own car (I have a 3" Dynomax cat back set up). When we stopped at the local Dunkin Donuts (stangely no police) I asked what he had and what he thought. His exact words were "I think I over did it". So the point of this long rant is get an X pipe with cats.

sqidd

Lobo

Established Member
How come everybody is pushing Magnaflow all of a sudden?

Wasn't Bassani the big craze recently and just about everybody got themselves a set?

Just curious, since I'm wondering if I should upgrade to Bassani. Currently I got Flowmaster 40's on the stock catback and really like the sound so far, but I still think it might run a tad bit better with either a Magnaflow or Bassani catted X-Pipe.

Lobo

ArizonaSnake

Established Member
Lobo,
In my case I had Flowmasters on my 94GT 5.0 that was modified a bit. They were too loud for my tastes.
So in this case when I went looking, I knew I didn't want Flowmasters... so it was between Bassani and Magnaflow...
I took Magnaflow based on cheaper price. After the fact I like the Magnaflow sound.
It may yet be too loud as I will have to add my Bassani X-pipe which I have yet to do. We'll see.

fiorefiveoh

Established Member
i love how my flowmasters sound (Delta Flow 2.5" cat back, 2001 kit). there is no drop off in power, sounds great, pretty loud for just a cat back. i will be putting on an off road X very shortly, so it should sound even better. i have a short movie of my exhaust, but i put my camera too close, so it doesn't sound as good as it should.

KingKobra

Established Member
Show me da money!

Originally posted by Lobo
How come everybody is pushing Magnaflow all of a sudden?

My guess is that many people chose the Magnaflow due to it's competetive pricing. Also, I've read posts of lotsa people liking the Magnaflow cat-back for it's sound, butt-o-meter reading, etc.

I've read equally of people applying Bassani X, and cat-back systems and loving them to death.

I just want more sound to balance the S/C. So, the Magnaflow Cat-Back is priced just right for that. :beer:

DEADLYSVT03

Established Member
MAC cat back...highly recommended by Mustang Magic Deer Park NY....did mine....sounds like a Mustang should and adds a few ponies too!!!!

'03 silver coupe
Mac cat back
K&N filter
UPR mods
MGWLTD shift extension
'01 Cobra floor mats
soon to have Steeda short throw shifter

Users who are viewing this thread