Which FRPP head gasket for cast block and aluminum heads

Ron 1995 R

Established Member
Which head gasket should I be looking at for between the cast iron block and aluminum heads.

Expanded Graphite: Ford Racing M-6051-B51 - Ford Racing Performance Cylinder Head Gaskets - Overview - SummitRacing.com

Teflon Coated MEtalic Core: Ford Racing M-6051-A302 - Ford Racing Performance Cylinder Head Gaskets - Overview - SummitRacing.com

The funny thing is; the expanded graphite are the ones Ford spent a lot of money researching for these engines and FRPP recommends for aluminum heads even though the printed literature doesnt mention it; the teflon coated metallic core is the one noted for aluminum heads.

Ron.

Ron 1995 R

Established Member
From your post it sounds like you spoke to Ford Racing Tech line--correct?

Tom

Yep, they are stating the graphite head gasket is it. IT's also in the recommended kit for swapping the heads from cast to aluminum on the 5.0's

...that's a sharp looking car, like the race colors and scheme.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
I would go with the tech line's recommendation.

Thanks for the compliment. It is chassis #69 and was professionally raced in IMSA, Motorola, Speedvision, SCCA and Grand Am. It has quite a bit of race history and the paint is the race livery. I purchased it from the race team in 2002 when it was retired.

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread