Which gear oil?

uskrewd

Established Member
I'm having to replace my stock differential cover due to it being cracked. I've already got the exhaust off and out of the way and I'm pretty sure I'm going to be ordering the LPW aluminum differential cover tomorrow. So now the question is to the guys who've replaced the gear oil in these rear ends....what do you guys recommend?

Also...will I be able to get to everything once I get the IRS brace off without removing anything else? It looked like it was going to be a really tight fit when I stopped working on it yesterday...

Any help would be appreciated :thumbsup:

Riceater52910

Established Member
Any brand of 75-140 will be fine. The shop that installed my LPW used Motorcraft oil. Youll need a 4 oz bottle of Friction modifier too. The Cover can be replaced with the pumpkin still in the car but i will be a major PITA. Most guys will tell you its much easier to just remove it.

uskrewd

Established Member
thanks bro...i just ordered the lpw aluminum cover and about 3 quarts of royal purple 75w140 since its formulated with friction modifier. I couldn't resist the urge to crank my car with the open x-pipe and just for the record, it sounds like SEX :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread