Which heat exchanger is easier to mount?

poisonpony96

Established Member
Was looking at getting the LFP or afco heat exchanger for my 96 cobra. Was leaning towards LFP but I know they use stock mounting harware. What about the afco does it use stock 03-04 cobra mounts? If both are same I'll just fab some mounts since I have a tig. But then it should be rubber mounted and rather keep fab work to a minimum.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
well i'm pretty sure all of them from an 03/04 cobra will use that bracket. I would just fab up some brackets. It can't be that hard.. I still need to do my heat exchanger..

poisonpony96

Established Member
Ok ended up getting the LFP with free cobra stencil. They said I could hard mount it and be fine. I'll post pics when done. 98 Saleen cobra how's the cobra going any progress?

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
ehhh it's going. It's still up at AED right now. It should be done by NOV or by the first week in NOV I hope. I ordered all the parts that I needed to and they have them all now. Other than that no real update, just waiting for the heads to get back. Everything is at the powder coaters right now getting powder coated crinkle black. The timing cover, valve covers, upper intake lid, s/c bracket, there might be more I forget lol. Can you post pics of how you mount your heat exchanger?? I'm looking at doing the same thing but don't want to spend 300 bucks on the bracketry from ford. :beer:

poisonpony96

Established Member
Yeah I'll post pics how I do it. If you need help hit me up. All my friends do when they need some wrenchin or fab work.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
^ alright man will do. I don't have any tools in the bay area anymore. SO when I come back on leave I'll be sure to hit you up so you can help me out :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread