Which hood accessories?

jskup1

Established Member
I just ordered the BMC Black Mamba Hood for my '12. I've read a bunch of threads about struts causing fiberglass hood to bow and hood pins not fitting correctly on the '10 and ups. I know Shelby has the redline hood struts specific for the SS, even though the hood is similar, I'm not sure if the bottom is the same as to where I could use those. For those of you with a '10 and up as well as the BMC or similar hood, what pins and struts are you using? What have your results been?

2nd2none

Established Member
I just ordered the BMC Black Mamba Hood for my '12. I've read a bunch of threads about struts causing fiberglass hood to bow and hood pins not fitting correctly on the '10 and ups. I know Shelby has the redline hood struts specific for the SS, even though the hood is similar, I'm not sure if the bottom is the same as to where I could use those. For those of you with a '10 and up as well as the BMC or similar hood, what pins and struts are you using? What have your results been?

I've been using these and they've worked great. No drilling required. This place used to have its own section on the Team Shelby forums but it appears Shelby removed all the vendor forums. I bought the cheap Super Snake hood pins when I first got the hood but have never installed them.
05-13 Shelby Hood Lift Kit w/ Laser Engraved Shelby Logo 90 LBS Rating Designed for Super Snake, GT500KR, GT350 & TruFiber Hoods [S5MB-16612-A] - $149.99 : Shelby Performance Parts Discounted by Champion Mustang, Shelby Parts, Shelby GT500 Parts, She

Users who are viewing this thread