Which injectors for a vmp setup?

rfugio68

Established Member
Well guys I have a 2010 Shelby and am installing a vmp gen 1 on it with a jlt intake, 2.4 pulley and cat delete. Originally I was thinking of going with 2013 gt500 55lb injectors and a vmp bap. Justin at vmp said that I would be fine on fuel and could add a tb with a 10% crank pulley and be fine. However, my buddy That does remote Lund tunes told me that I will be border line on fuel and should get a fuel system.

What would you guys recommend fuel system wise? Keep in mind that I'm only running 91 fuel.

RSAGT500

Established Member
Listen to Justin if your going with his tune and listen to lund if your going with his. Either way you will be fine as long as you do what the tuner says.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Well guys I have a 2010 Shelby and am installing a vmp gen 1 on it with a jlt intake, 2.4 pulley and cat delete. Originally I was thinking of going with 2013 gt500 55lb injectors and a vmp bap. Justin at vmp said that I would be fine on fuel and could add a tb with a 10% crank pulley and be fine. However, my buddy That does remote Lund tunes told me that I will be border line on fuel and should get a fuel system.

What would you guys recommend fuel system wise? Keep in mind that I'm only running 91 fuel.

You're fine for a 2.50" and JLT123-127 with stock injectors.
Go to a 2.40 and you should use the 56's.
Add a 10% and you need the 56s and the fuel pump booster.

11+ cars have more capability on the pump side and can get away with a 2.40 on stock injectors and no boosters.

Obviously 13-14 have the larger injectors from the start.

We've tested this a number of ways...and on my car specifically...for live data on the 07-10 cars.

bj

rfugio68

Established Member
You're fine for a 2.50" and JLT123-127 with stock injectors.

11+ cars have more capability on the pump side and can get away with a 2.40 on stock injectors and no boosters.

Obviously 13-14 have the larger injectors from the start.

We've tested this a number of ways...and on my car specifically...for live data on the 07-10 cars.

bj

So with a gen 1 and a 2.4 I would be fine with just stock 2013 injectors?

VNMOUS1

Established Member
"You're fine for a 2.50" and JLT123-127 with stock injectors.
"

Thanks

bj

rfugio68

Established Member
"You're fine for a 2.50" and JLT123-127 with stock injectors.
"

Thanks

bj

The sentence you highlighted is what I was referring to. In other words would I be 100% ok with only injectors or would I be pushing it?

Speedboosted

Established Member
The sentence you highlighted is what I was referring to. In other words would I be 100% ok with only injectors or would I be pushing it?

Lol BJ is trying to tell you nicely that he already answered your question...they've done the testing and there is no way they would tell their customers to do something that isn't safe, thats not how you stay in business.

But in case you need it fed to you...USE JUST THE 56's with a 2.4 upper.

Fast Ford

Established Member

bj is saying that you'll need the 56's with the 2.4 upper you plan on running. If you decide later to add a 10% lower pulley you'd need to add a BAP with the 56's.

CodyK7

Uh Ohhh
Established Member
I'm running a 2014 tvs with a 2.4, the 2014 injectors and a vmp tune. No bap. If they are tuning it trust them.

So Bj with a bap and 14 injectors what size lower could I run with a vmp 67mm tb? What kind of power am I looking at?

VNMOUS1

Established Member
I'm running a 2014 tvs with a 2.4, the 2014 injectors and a vmp tune. No bap. If they are tuning it trust them.

So Bj with a bap and 14 injectors what size lower could I run with a vmp 67mm tb? What kind of power am I looking at?
10 percent. I'd have to look at the whole picture. Tough to do with my butt on elliptical :)

Call me tomorrow and let's discuss the best options.

rfugio68

Established Member
Ok I'm just making sure since I really don't want to wire up a bap lol. Would I be able to run an frpp or vmp tb with just 56lb injectors?

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
Ok I'm just making sure since I really don't want to wire up a bap lol. Would I be able to run an frpp or vmp tb with just 56lb injectors?

I have VMP gen2 TVS and I am running 56# injectors and a VMP plug and play BAP. My FPDC is in the low 80% range/safe. The VMP p&p BAP took about 5 minutes to install. 4 of those minutes was getting it to stick in the spare tire well. No splicing or soldering needed.

Users who are viewing this thread