Which Intake?

Mystic04SVT

Established Member
I'm torn between the K&N Typhoon and Airaid. I have a MyCal from LVS on the way but don't know what intake to go with? I know LVS recommends Airaid but I've always been a supporter of K&N. input please? Also where would be the cheapest place to get either one.

jbur074

Established Member
id go with what LVS says sense they most likely tuned it around the airaid. but it probably wouldnt make much of a difference.

ArabianOak

Established Member
I have the K/N and Livernois tune...K/N looks MUCH better and seems to make more sense. I have also heard that with the airraid intake you are unable to get to the trans dipstick.

Andy@Livernois

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
There are many reasons that we recommend the airaid over the K&N, but the imprtant root from all of them is heat insulation. Unfortuantely, the K&N is metal, there is 10# crammed in a 5# bag under the hood of an SHO, so heat is a big issue. The metal tube allows a great deal of heat soak compared to the composite airaid. #2 the head shield. Airaid is a completely molded box, where the K&N just has a thin sheet metal heat guard that does not completely seal it off from the engine compartment. #3 the cold air ducting that was engineered from the factory is completely bypassed on the K&N, but fully utilized on the Airaid. These 3 items are big in our book on these cars.

At the end of the day, people will make their own decisions, but the airaid is a much higher quality piece in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread