Which IRS Bushing do I buy??

BlackBeauty44

Snake bitten
Established Member
Hey fellas I'm looking for your opinions on IRS Sub frame and differential bushings. Some of you know my rear diff is slowly leaking and i'm having it lowered next week but which brand of bushings do i go with. I got the correct 14mm bolts for the sub frame bushing but which company do i go with? Maxim Motorsports, Steeda or Energy Suspensions or does it even matter??

Ray Lucca

Established Member
Bruce's Full Kit, Bolts, and Grease Fittings. R. Bumpsteer Kit if it's in your Budget. B.F. R. Diff. Brace, Flush and Fill the R. Diff., 4 Wheel Alignment. Is your car lowered?? If yes you may need the M.M. C/C Plates.. The Best Mod, I have it and it makes a huge improvement in the car, and no more wheel hop. Good Luck..

BlackBeauty44

Snake bitten
Established Member
My terminator as the stock ride height. I was reading about Bruce's kit just now and its a little pricey. Also is UHMW that much better than Poly?? I'm on a budget so I can't do the control arms right now.

mu22stang

[_==[_=_][_=_3[_=_< /_=_\
Established Member
So wait until you can afford all of Bruce's kit. What's the point of putting on POLY? It doesn't do anything.

LargeOrangeFont

Raise your fist in resist
Established Member
If you are getting the diff and subframe dropped, just do Bruce's diff and subframe bushings for now. You can buy the arm bushings later and install them without pulling the IRS.

The front and rear diff bushings are only $110 or so, and the subframe bushings are around $100.

Last edited:

LongshotSVT

I piss excellence
Established Member
I didn't know Poly was that much of a waste thanks for the info i just might install the correct bolts for now

I'm in the process of doing what you're talking about doing right now. My IRS has been out of the car the past three days as I've installed a brace, bushings, and changed some fluids and the fuel filter. It's been a long process, but I think tomorrow I might finally be putting it back in. Learn from my mistakes though...

I bought Bruce's Subframe and diff bushings and Maximum Motorsports control arm bushings. I was also a bit turned off by the price on Bruce's control arm bushings so I went cheap with the poly control arm bushings from MM.

Bruce's kit far exceeded my expectations. Everything from the packaging to the fit and finish. Saying this kit is top notch is an understatement. Nothing even comes close to the level of quality in this kit. I now wish I hadn't gone cheap because after seeing bruce's components, the poly pieces don't even hold a candle. The control arm bushings will be going in the classifieds and I'll be adding Bruce's control arm bushings in the near future.

I don't know about you, but my car is my baby. I've quickly learned my lesson about going cheap. Do it right the first time. If you can't afford to do the whole kit now, I would recommend at least doing the subframe bushings and the diff bushings. The quality of the factory components is absolute garbage. After pulling the rear diff bushing I couldn't believe it... it has the consistency of bubble gum.

BlackBeauty44

Snake bitten
Established Member
I'm in the process of doing what you're talking about doing right now. My IRS has been out of the car the past three days as I've installed a brace, bushings, and changed some fluids and the fuel filter. It's been a long process, but I think tomorrow I might finally be putting it back in. Learn from my mistakes though...

I bought Bruce's Subframe and diff bushings and Maximum Motorsports control arm bushings. I was also a bit turned off by the price on Bruce's control arm bushings so I went cheap with the poly control arm bushings from MM.

Bruce's kit far exceeded my expectations. Everything from the packaging to the fit and finish. Saying this kit is top notch is an understatement. Nothing even comes close to the level of quality in this kit. I now wish I hadn't gone cheap because after seeing bruce's components, the poly pieces don't even hold a candle. The control arm bushings will be going in the classifieds and I'll be adding Bruce's control arm bushings in the near future.

I don't know about you, but my car is my baby. I've quickly learned my lesson about going cheap. Do it right the first time. If you can't afford to do the whole kit now, I would recommend at least doing the subframe bushings and the diff bushings. The quality of the factory components is absolute garbage. After pulling the rear diff bushing I couldn't believe it... it has the consistency of bubble gum.

keep em coming fellas i do appreciate all your input. LongshotSVT you are right and my car too is my baby i've waited 6 long years before having the privilege to own one of the animals so i don't wanna go cheap at all. I was thinking of doing exactly what saying as far as only buying just the diff and sub frame bushings for now. I was actually googling what Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (UHMW) and compared it to polyurethane. Based on what I read and understand hands down its more durable so i can understand the pricing but my damn 05 hyundai santa fe just set me back $900 in repairs. :fm: So with this leaky diff i'm a little concerned because she is my dd....God i wish I was a millionaire :nonono:

BlackBeauty44

Snake bitten
Established Member
On a brighter note i did get my LPW IRS Diff cover today. Its a pretty hefty piece and i can't wait to get it in. Incase any of you fellas haven't seen what it look like here is a few pics from the website

mustangtuning_2066_16759219

mustangtuning_2066_17018044

LongshotSVT

I piss excellence
Established Member
Very nice! I just went with a billetflow brace, but that LPW looks very nice indeed. Probably does the same job as the fore cover for half the price.

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
Griggs, Derlin bushings & full length subs. Billetflow IRS cover brace.
No wheel hop or leaky third member cover ever.

Or you can spend a ton of money on a billet cover.

Except for pictures, I've never tried or seen Bruce's stuff.

The amount of time Bruce spends moaning and groaning about our president, I'm surprised Bruce has time to manufacture his stuff.:poke:
Jeff

Last edited:

LongshotSVT

I piss excellence
Established Member
Sorry for the silly post. But.. Whos bruce? lol

Bruce is AC427Cobra. He's been road racing Cobras for years and probably the biggest advocate of the IRS. He wrote the article explaining the IRS that's on the main page when you log in. Here's a link to his post in the classifieds: http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...g-kit-w-adj-sway-bar-links-bumpsteer-kit.html

And here's his website: Full Tilt Boogie Racing Homepage

The amount of time Bruce spends moaning and groaning about our president, I'm surprised Bruce has time to manufacture his stuff.:poke:
Jeff

That's just being spiteful.

Users who are viewing this thread