Which is better for street tires 4.30s or 4.56s on a Mach 1.

TheFuture

Established Member
Also what will i run in the quarted on street tires, Stock,

Can I get 12.5 in 1/4 mile

Last edited:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Bro....driving @ the track VS the streets is an entire different world.

1st. Track Prep...but i dont hear TX Folks complaining to much.
2nd. Driving Skills...it depends on how much skill you have that will translate to ET.....meaning 60' which make or break ur times at the end of the 1320 feet.

4.30's are what folks keep suggesting. Mach1 Motors love to be up in the high RPM range. 4.10's im sure would be sweet on the Road but im a bit surprised that folks would run 4.30's....my decision hasnt been made just yet.

Take a trip to your track :thumbsup: Its alot of freaking fun.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
here is some unwanted advice?
the car spins already with 3:55 and street tires. the mach 1 needs traction not a faster rotating tire or more power.
once you get this traction through sticky tires, driver adaptation, suspension/chasis mods then you can look at adding power or gears.

it is very fun to run with the 03 cobras because they cant drive. they cant handle the power.:lol: its even better to hear them whine about pulley swaps when they are only able to get 13.2 with a 400 hp car.

point is not how fast or how much power a car has. its about transfering that power to the ground which can be hard to do. learn to make your car run fast now(a good driver should be able to get 13.0 in a stock mach 1, with a 1.9 60).with out improved traction all gears and power will do is increase wheel spin.

i was talking with a guy with a mach 1, and he had 4:30 gears exhaust and intake mods with a set of drag radials putting down 12.9's. i sort of chuckled because at the time drivers with just tires were putting those times down. and now there have been a couple stock mach 1's with those numbers. now hes down to 12.5 with more practice and in time he should be able to run 12.2-12.3 with his car.

if you want those mods for the fun factor go right ahead it would be a blast to drive. if you want to go fast down the strip the driver mod will be your best bet. im still working on my driver mod. :beer:

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
4.30s, it will blow the tires on the street but it is fun as hell, on the track once you master the launch and 1st to 2nd shift, times will improve as well. a few people run 4.56s but IMO its toooo much gear for the street.

Black04Lightning

I ATE YOUR HEMI FOR LUNCH
Established Member
East Bay Area - Pleasant Hill - California
The higher you go say like 4:56 gears the less you will like driving on the freeway if you drive your car as a dual purpose vehicle 4:11`s are fine for the street , i drive my mach 1 everyday for a half an hour to work , so im sticking with the 3:55s that are in it stock, least for now anyways ,
in my 88 LX i run 4:11s its a drag race or weekend use vehicle the engine still winds real high in 5th 3000 to 3300 rpm to run 70 mph ,wish i had a T-56 6 speed:beer:

Peter

Established Member
Originally posted by SonicBlue03GT
The higher you go say like 4:56 gears the less you will like driving on the freeway if you drive your car as a dual purpose vehicle 4:11`s are fine for the street , i drive my mach 1 everyday for a half an hour to work , so im sticking with the 3:55s that are in it stock, least for now anyways ,
in my 88 LX i run 4:11s its a drag race or weekend use vehicle the engine still winds real high in 5th 3000 to 3300 rpm to run 70 mph ,wish i had a T-56 6 speed:beer:

4.10's in a Mach1 are not going to top a motor out like the 5.0, with 4.10's in 5th gear you are going to be about 250rpm more, you will hardly notice in the Mach1.

Pete

Tomcat427

I know I need a cage :)
Established Member
I had 4.10's in for 15,000 miles and loved them. Went with 4.30's when I had the rear rebuilt and I miss the 4.10's.

Users who are viewing this thread