• Other

Votes: 41 49.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mach Daddy

Life Is Mach1derful !!!
Established Member
yeasure said:
Why are you guys telling him DFX/spec3/ect ect?
Look at his mods, don't you think thats alittle overkill for his car or am i missing something here?!?!

My bad. :( I assumed he was going to put on a power adder of some type ... juice, blower, turbo ...

Didn't mean to mislead anyone. :shrug:

Ford302Redneck

Purfectly Insane
Established Member
Yea something like that is in my future plans thats why I said I need something with pretty good holding power for the future, but Im calling holcomb motorsports today and talking to them about clutches(its about 1 1/2 hour from my house) thanks for the input... anymore is welcome, it'll be a lil while longer before I actually get one so someone or something can change my mind from now till then

2003 Silver

Banned

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Ford302Redneck said:
[

Well I have a 94 Mustang GT.. And I have been having alot of problems with the well pressure plate.. its a zoom... its really hard to mash, it leaves me walking funny cause it about kills my foot. :cuss: So I guess Its time for a new one... any input from you guys would be awesome... I really lookin for something easy to mash but has pretty good holding power

MOVED! :wf: :wf: :wf: Try using the correct forum.

IXSLR8

Established Member
I'd have to vote for the spec stage 3. Had that setup in my 99 383 ls1. Held the power without a problem and wasn't much harder to push than stock. Only catch was there wasn't much "feathering". It was either engaged or disengaged.

SonicSVTF

Established Member
Its real simple. Get a Ford Racing King Cobra clutch kit. Break it in real easy and you won't have any problems with it. And, it is light as a feather in pedal effort. Anything more is a waste of money. You can get one of these kits for $200 or less. The other kits people are recommending here are more suited to 700 h.p. race cars that launch on slicks. Add another $100 and get a new stock replacement type flywheel from Ford Racing and you'll have a $300 setup that is all brand new and that will hold up to anything you can throw at it, given the modifications you've listed. The 3.73 gear takes a great deal of strain off the clutch anyway. The secret is to break the friction material in properly. NO launches until you've driven the car daily for at least a week or two! Just don't put any heat into the clutch for a couple weeks and then you'll be ready to punish it all you want! I could give you many examples of cars using this clutch. I've built a 10 second nitrous coupe, and a 10 second blower coupe that used this clutch. I've had several other milder street cars that used this clutch (all fox bodies.) I am currently using this clutch in my personal daily driver coupe and could not be more thrilled with its good manners, like featherweight pedal effort, linear and predictable release, and more than adequate power holding potential. This is the ONLY clutch I will use. Now, granted, you do have a heavier car than what I'm used to, but then you are using more gear than I like to as well, which probably evens out the load placed on the clutch. And of course, you aren't making 600 h.p. either.
JUST DON'T BURN IT DOWN THE FIRST TIME YOU DRIVE THE CAR, because then it won't work worth a damn.
I'm just trying to save you money.
And furthermore, for ANY PRICE, there isn't a better combination of pedal effort, load capacity, and predictable release character in any other clutch available.

Last edited:

Ford302Redneck

Purfectly Insane
Established Member
I finally decided to go with the King Cobra clutch and pressure plate. It was only $164 from summit so I was like well if it wasnt to great I havent lost much.. but so far I love it. Its 10 times easier to mash than tht pos I had Thanks for everyones input

Last edited:

5liter

Foxbody FTMFW!
Established Member
King Cobra is awesome. Great price and pedal effort. They grab much harder than stock/stock replacement clutches. For hight HP I am all spec.

Users who are viewing this thread