Which is the best s/c for my 04 gt?

200gt

Established Member
It all depends on power...if your car is stock it would benefit more with the kb because boost is immediate and the flat torque curve off idle would make better ets but if it is modded and can rev higher then the procharger would be your best bet

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
To get the most out of it he'll need gears, blower cams, ported heads, aftermarket intake, and a tune. With those things his car will f#cking own. Well, ti'll it explodes.

OH3GT

Shut Up And Lift
Established Member
What do you mean until it blows up?? If i put a KB kit on my car, in time it will blow the engine???? WHAT??

02mingreyconv

Established Member
Kb Blows!

Ofcourse you will blow the engine....sooner or later.

Depending on your budget you will start with the 6psi non intercooled kit or the 9 psi intercooled kit. Once it is installed you will drive around town with a silly grin on your face. You will take it to the dyno and be in awe about the numbers that your precious little stang is putting out.

A month or two later you have become accustomed to the power level and you start to crave more. So you up the boost a bit. The same will repeat a couple of times until you hit the limit of the stock internals.

Either you blow the engine or you go for a forged unit. You might thiunk it suxx but it is a sweet ride :)

Good luck to ya.

OH3GT

Shut Up And Lift
Established Member
Well i dont want to have more power! I just want a KB and a few mods! That wont push the stock internals will they!

02mingreyconv

Established Member
You are safe with the kit & tune that KB will provide you. But I'll tell you buddy...you will get hooked and crave for more.... They should post a friggin warning sign on the blower :D

pwnt04

Frickin' Ladies Man
Established Member
SvtMan804 said:
Naw i wont! lol I just want 500hp! I dont want too much!

The stock internals on the 2v will not tollerate the boost levels required to hit 500RWHP. You'll have to forge the internals if you're looking to hit those numbers.

02mingreyconv

Established Member
pwnt04 said:
The stock internals on the 2v will not tollerate the boost levels required to hit 500RWHP. You'll have to forge the internals if you're looking to hit those numbers.

I second that. 500 FWHP is probably the MAX limit before you start to go south.

pwnt04

Frickin' Ladies Man
Established Member
Yeah, you'd be fine if you had forged pistons, connecting rods, and crankshaft. If you're going to have the motor torn apart anyway, you should put in new cams and see about getting a better set of heads.

dalamar_96

Established Member
You've got alot of good advice here - To many to quote.
Stock roatating assembly- 450 RWHP is whats recommended by a number of different sorces. you may be able to push 500, but may not. What 02mingray said about wanting more power true, but take it one step at a time.

To answer your origional question: on your stock motor/heads, street driving - either blower is good. It's your preferance on where you want the power, bottom-mid or mid-top end of the rpm's.

Personally I think the TT's are better, thats what I'm going for.
What poopnut said about ported heads & cams is also a big help on the 4.6's
just depends on how far you want to go, and how much you want to spend.
good luck

Users who are viewing this thread