Which is the best tuner?

Dr.Jay

Out of my mind. Back in 5
Established Member
Predator? Hypertech? I'm uncertain on which to buy....

I hace a SC 99GT BTW... with a auto computer and a T56....

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
Don't buy a hypertech imo. A predator or the new sct flasher at a reputable tuner place is much better with some custom tunes included for your setup. Just use the search function. With your oddball setup you better go with the best tuner, a canned tune would be about worthless, you could maybe get a emailed tune with the best guys and check it.

Dr.Jay

Established Member
Hmm, thanks for the advice... I dubbed my stang "Frankenstang", you can see why.... this is why I ask, I need the best tuner, because of this.... also, there arent many custom tuners around, so I guess I'll email Ryan....

Dr.Jay

Established Member
There's a tuning center around here it seems (1 hour trip), they distribute the Sniper tuner... is this any good? Please let me know... it's either the Sniper or the Xcalibrator 2... (both seems to be more than the Predator, correct me if I'm wrong). Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

99cobranix

Rice Eater
Established Member
Hey bro, I have a Diablo I will sell you! It's great, but I'm running nitrous now, and I need a flip switch chip. I bought it about a month ago. PM me if you are interested.

Dr.Jay

Established Member
Let's see what I can remember...

Vortech S-Trim
Vortech Aftercooler
30lb Injectors
That chip that comes with the kit (POS)
The fuel pump that comes with the kit (Walbro 255...?)
Tremec T56 Tranny :banana:
Aluminum Crank (heck, everything attached from a T56, I did a complete transplant)
75mm T. Body
AUTOMATIC COMPUTER (the car was detonating when it was still an auto so no blame on the T56)
4.10's
BBK LT's
K&N CAI (all the way near the floor)
Catback (4got which)
H&R Springs
18' Cobra R Rims
Mobil 1 Synthetic Oil
93 octane Gas

That's all I can think off right now... sorry if I forgot some stuff, it's just that I haven't seen my baby in awhile (im in another country now).

The car is in SERIOUS need of a custom tune.... there's a Sniper dealer around here, better call... but IF they tune, they tune using a laptop, not a dyno.... how trustworthy is this?

I'll attach a pic, so you can see my setup (sorry for the crappy pics)

engine17qk.th.jpg

engine24fe.th.jpg

Well, what do you think? Is there hope for my car? If so, using which tuner? Thx in advance! :cryying:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread