Which Long Tubes for 09 GT500?

Pythias

Established Member
I was hoping someone could shed some light on the best Long Tube Headers that won't break the bank.

I've heard that some Long tubes prevent access to the Starter and or servicing the clutch. I'm hoping the JBA's 1 7/8's do not have this problem.

justablur91

Established Member
i run dynatechs, fitment was great and you dont have to remove them to drop the transmission, but ARH, Kooks and SW are all good choices but more $

justablur91

Established Member
i ordered mine awhile back from through vmp think i paid $600 but they have gone up in price, i also habe the dynatech high flow catted x pipe but the cats blew out with just a pulley and a tune they are crap along with all aftermarket cats

AMWill

I was hoping someone could shed some light on the best Long Tube Headers that won't break the bank.

I've heard that some Long tubes prevent access to the Starter and or servicing the clutch. I'm hoping the JBA's 1 7/8's do not have this problem.

Hey Pythias,

Although there are a ton of great options, my personal favorite setup is the Stainless Works Long Tube Headers and Off-Road H-Pipe Kit. I SW on my personal 2014 GT and could not be happier, I recommend them to everyone!

Check them out and let me know if you have any questions.

-Will

Bravo gt 500

TVS POWERED
Established Member
I ran into someone with jba longtubes & regreted it. They wouldn't clear for a clutch removal & he had to cut & modify headers to save him time incase he had to remove clutch again.

AMWill

Thanks for the help guys, I was looking at the Dynatech. Will do you know if the JBA headers allow you to access the clutch and starter or not? I know AM carries the JBA's.

Hey Pythias,

Unfortunately, as far as I know they will not. I confirmed this with a few of my guys here and they all agreed with me on that one. You will have to drop the headers to replace the clutch.

In regards to the starter, you might be able to access it while installed, but I am not 100% certain.

I apologize that I was not any more help!

-Will

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Thanks for the help guys, I was looking at the Dynatech. Will do you know if the JBA headers allow you to access the clutch and starter or not? I know AM carries the JBA's.
Dynatech is the best fit. 1 7/8" works. I have them on my 07. We sell them and Kooks. Both high quality but Dynatech wins the price and fitment bouts. Stainless was a big deal years ago but you don't hear much about them anymore. ARH is the priciest and certainly not the best choice for installation. Nothing wrong with them at all, I just think there are better choices.

Bravo gt 500

TVS POWERED
Established Member
There is a downside to Stainless Works. If you ever want to lower the motor the front header pipe on the passenger side collides with the frame rail. This was said by one of our vendors. If money isn't an issue then arh would be my 1st choice, kooks 2nd cuz they offer an h pipe & dynatech last cuz of the no h pipe option.

Pythias

Established Member
I probably should've asked this in my first post but is there really a difference between 1 3/4 and 1 7/8? What about between having a 2.5" and 3" collector? A difference between having 3" exhaust piping versus 2.5"? I know borla only makes long tubes with 2.5" collector, that puzzled me?

From what I've rear bigger piping will reduce the boost because of the lost back pressure? My current goals for the car are to max out the stock blower, eventually im sure I'll want more and swap it out.

Users who are viewing this thread