Which M/T would you keep?

thewizard

Established Member
I have two sets of M/T ET Streets.
I have a set of 26x11.5x17 M/T ET Street slicks on 17" bullets.
Best 60' on stock suspension is 1.94 with 130 degree track temp.(hot!)
I've been happy with this same tire on my old 07', but I picked up a set of 275x60x15 ET Street Radials with 15x10 Race Stars. (I know relo's req.)
I have never been down the track with the Street Radials so I don't know how they would be any better. I'm also concerned with a 26" tire vs a 28" tire on my ET (12.38@113 best).
I have someone who wants to buy my 26" tires.
Do I let the 17's go and keep the 15's.
Do I offer him the 15's and just keep the 17's? IDK?

Suggestions?

topfueldart

Established Member
The 28's are probably going to kill some ET due to the loss in gear, although radials are slightly faster than BIAS. I'd keep the 17's atleast until you get a few more runs in, you should be able to 60 atleast in the 1.7X range with either tire...

foxman92

Its slow
Established Member
keep the 15's.. 28" tire FTW.. yes it takes more power to turn them. but the benefit from them is much greater.. im getting rid of 26" ET DRAGS for a some 28.. the more tire you can fit under it, the better the traction. so 15"> then 17" for drag racing.. just my .02

thewizard

Established Member
Last week at RPR in Baytown with 130+ degree temps was almost impossible to hook. There where several guys that day that normally pull 1.6 or less doing as bad as I was.
I'm just going to wait until it gets cooler to get back to the track.

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
Keep the 15x10's, sell the 26 and 28" tires, buy some 26x11.5x15 et streets and tubes

Sent from my huge ass SAMSUNG NOTE using tapatalk 2

99MystiC

Established Member
I had the same size radials you just picked up and had a hard time hooking. They are not the greatest for hooking. Most guys that run that tire are running high mph at the top end and dont want the Drag to expand so they run the radial, doest expand at high mph. Also they work best for an auto car with a lower stall so it doesnt hit the tire. Just because they are 28s doesnt mean they will get good traction. Lots of suspension work goes into play with radials. Its hard to say if you will drop ETs. Your making some decent power. Why dont you make a few passes on them and see what works. Hope that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread