Which MGW shift know would you buy?

Which one?

• Total voters

timpryor

Turbo'd ST
Established Member
Okay so I spoke to MGW and they have our shifter pattern done it just isn't listed on the website.

Which would you buy if price wasn't an option, I'm having trouble deciding, I've had a gripper before but I like the looks of the composite race knob a lot.

I will be getting the knob with the shifter pattern

Gripper

mustang2005-gripperGT-silver.jpg

Composite race knob

mu2005race-5speed.jpg

mustang2005_composite_race_knob.jpg

I'll be ordering tomorrow

87hatchy

Established Member
between the two you posted, I would pick the composite race knob....However, I think their classic white or black knobs are the best

chao5.0

Established Member
i'd go with the composite out of the 2 but for my car i'll be ordering a cj pony parts grabber blue knob with black stripes and the pony logo on the side of the knob.

Last edited:

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
I would go with the Gripper, if it has the same shape as the other one. I have tried a few knobs on my car. In all sincerity, I find this to be the most usable and most comfortable shifter for speed. Not the coolest looking.....but it works:

UPR-1.jpg

Last edited:

timpryor

Turbo'd ST
Established Member

T.Bone

Established Member
I had the composite in my 03, I was going to order it when I purchased my shifter but they didn't have it in stock yet for the 13.

Ended up going with the dark blue 5.0 ball from CJP.

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
Neither. Get something with some mass to it. TWM Performance and Lathewerks make awesome custom knobs in the USA. Way more options and finishes. Just call them if you don't see a style specific for mustangs and they are good about threading it to your specs.

Users who are viewing this thread