Which mod next...cloth top, speedster cover or seats?

What is my next style mod?

• 03/04 cloth top

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Speedster cover

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Updated seats

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • 03/04 skirts and scoops

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Something else

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters

Rotzs99

Established Member
Well I'm stuck on what I want to do next. Im satisfied with power and mostly looks, I just think it needs something extra to make it pop.

-Cloth top from 03/04 cobra:
matches the car better, looks more high quality
-Speedster cover:
no one really sits in the back, would make it look better top down (obviously)
-Seats:
Top down mod, and up in some cases, but i don't know what i would do with the rear seat, i don't think i've seen any rear seat deletes on a vert, but what else is there to do?
-03/04 skirts and scoops:
Doesnt really matter to me, i dont think it adds much, its just an option.
-something else, im not sure.

Pretty much everything is in the $600-1000 area.

Btw, im leaning towards the top.

wma8706

Established Member
I voted for the speedster cover ... However, I think an 03 cobra wing or saleen s281 spoiler would improve the lines of your vert a great deal.

Rotzs99

Established Member
Forgot to add, Im moving my wing back. Best looking wing for our cars IMO and its free:banana:

wma8706

Established Member
pics of some badd ass verts
cobra005finalva3.jpg
edited2ai4.jpg
rearsaleenspoilermj4.jpg
wewtl7.jpg
cobra123kd8.jpg
453otc6db2.jpg

Last edited:

01vert

Established Member
Most wont even notice the cloth top. Lot of cash for something unless your top is already toast.

Seats are, to me, the best all around as a 99 has pretty stock looking seats. A nice aftermarket seat has looks and is comfortable. You can always go to Katskins and order a custom rear seat leather or cloth cover that matches the front seats you get.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
FWIW, unless you have some crazy hookup, you aren't going to be able to swap to a cloth top for that much money. I shopped around like crazy and spent way more than that when it was all said and done.

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
Sorry to hijack, but does anyone know what kind of wheels those are on that blue saleen? Holy crap those are nice.

Rotzs99

Established Member
FWIW, unless you have some crazy hookup, you aren't going to be able to swap to a cloth top for that much money. I shopped around like crazy and spent way more than that when it was all said and done.

I know a few guys in the salvage business and they've had a few in that price range i could have scooped up. Everyone else might not notice it, but i think the vinyl top that we get from the factory looks like crap and the cloth top makes it look classy so to me it would make a huge difference.

I really think I've narrowed it down to top or seats. What kind of seats would be good, I'd probably reupholster the rears to match the fronts. I know lots of people have corbeaus, but I also hear they can fade pretty bad.

SHOLANDO

Established Member
I put the 03/04 Cobra cloth top on my 02 GT vert to match my 03 Cobra top. Not only is it better quality and better looking, but the interior is a lot quieter. I guess the extra heavy material compared to the vinyl top. I got mine on ebay, it was shipped incredibly well, in it's own crate. It took 2 hours to remove it and 2 hours to re-install it. I'm very happy with the results. I paid $730.00 including the motor - shipped.

Here's a picture from the ebay listing:
dc74_1_sbl.JPG

Rotzs99

Established Member
Sholando, did you get your top from a supplier or just a random person?

Dark Cobra, looks like you have a lot more money than I am willing to spend.

Topless, I have thought about an aftermarket hood, but I'm really unsure on which one i would get. I'm not a huge fan on cowl hoods for verts so i thought a s281 hood would look good, but i dont think that is enough of a change. Eventually if i had the cash I would do a Mach 1 shaker.

I think I've narrowed it down to the top and seats. I'm picturing my perfect cobra now. Thanks for all the insight.

EDIT: SHOLANDO, thanks for mentioning the noise. I just got my subframes in, best mod EVER! Now im all about stiffening up the chassis and noise reduction. A new top and a strut tower brace should do the trick.

Last edited:

dark_cobra_01

Established Member
Dark Cobra, looks like you have a lot more money than I am willing to spend.

This year I did put alot into her at once (VIS CFiber Stalker2 Hood, 2pc Tonneau,Steeda Wing, Customized Mach1 chin spoiler that fits !! ...) , but before that it was usually one mod per year.. lightbar, rims CAI and Catback ..BLING...etc... etc...

Make a choice on what you feel is the best for the summer season.. The top would be down most of the time in my car, so I wouldn't do it now...

cobrasvtcoupe25

Established Member
My vote is for the 03/04 cloth top. It's a good way to put money into the cobra and add some value to it at the same time. :thumbsup:

2nd choice 03/04 side scoops. I love mine:rolling:

Users who are viewing this thread