Which one? 2011 Mustang GT or 2011 Subaru STI ??

KarbisSVT

Established Member
so yea, what do you guys think between those two choices. Love both cars! I hear great things about the new STI and i saw one today and it looked pretty sweet! The rear lights of the sti are ok.. they remind me of a kia.. lol

and there is the Mustang GT, which i also think the back is ok.. not great but its ok.. the back of the GT looks like its frowning or something. but i love the front! its awesome!

i love both cars regardless. Just that both have a rear issue to me. I am deciding between those two cars. I know! two totally different cars but really those are the only cars i want at the moment.

soo what do you guys think?

which would you take?

2011 Mustang GT or Subaru STI ?

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
i REALLY love subaru's, especially the STI, but there is no way in hell i could take one over a new mustang GT. the car is just a game changer!

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
By everything I have read a WRX is faster than an STi within the 2011 model year, and with the wide body on it for '11 it looks nearly identicle and has nearly the same handling. In fact the STi's only benefit as I see it is slightly better handling. I'd buy the WRX, but then again my current DD is a WRX, so I might be biased.

Last edited:

5.4ever

Crawling before Walking
Established Member
By everything I have read a WRX is faster than an STi within the 2011 model year, and with the wide body on it for '11 it looks nearly identicle and has nearly the same handling. In fact the STi's only benefit as I see it is slightly better handling. I'd buy the WRX, but then again my current DD is a WRX, so I might be biased.

Huh???? LOL the wrx is faster than an sti??? errrrrr

wjk

Established Member
Thats a hard decision. Honestly I think the better question would be to ask yourself what your going to be using it for...

If its your only ride, I'd probably take the STI. More versatile then the Stang.

GL!

LS2GTO

Established Member
In fact the STi's only benefit as I see it is slightly better handling. I'd buy the WRX, but then again my current DD is a WRX, so I might be biased.

If you're leaving it stock, the wrx is just as quick and only handles a little worse. But if you're into modding, then there is no comparison. Unless they changed it this year where the wrx get the same EXACT powertrain as the sti (which is silly cuz what else is there besides suspension), then the wrx powertrain is inferior to the sti one at holding and putting down power. I've seen my roomate battle with the weak engine and tranny in his wrx and he wishes he could afford the extra strength in the sti powertrain.

But between those two, I would definitely take the GT unless you absolutely need the awd.

Coiled03

Established Member
Serious? 2011 GT....no contest. You'd have to pay me to drive a subaru, STi, WRX, or whatever the hell it is.

ModularFan

Established Member
Drive them both and see what you like best. why base it on our opinion. Although subaru has been known to have the ringland issue with the ej motors.

Not sure if it's been cured or not. I know it was a on going problem for a while.

WP64

I Couldn't Care Less...
Established Member
I wonder how this thread would go down on the Subi forums? Considering they are still butt hurt over Ken Block's switch to FoMoCo, I don't think it would be pretty...

OP, the GT will get you more pussy...

LaFlavor

Established Member
Yeah, the GT is better looking and has 107 more hp.

I don't know what the weight and price difference is between the two...so that might have an effect on my opinion, but unless the STI was waaaay cheaper, probably not.

Thats a hard decision. Honestly I think the better question would be to ask yourself what your going to be using it for...

If its your only ride, I'd probably take the STI. More versatile then the Stang.

GL!

Holy crap, magic eye! I can still do it after all these years.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
Unless you need the AWD for weather and such then i would go 5.0.

Agreed. If you plan on driving it in the winter, go with the STI for obvious reasons.

I think the STI would also make a better DD if you have a family with kids. Getting in and out of a 2 door with kids is kinda a PITA... Not to mention they dont have much leg room.

From a modding stand point, the 5.0 is better.

Test drive both and see what one you like better. :shrug:

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
No replacement for displacement. I'd go the GT over the ricer car any day.

Dont know why you classify a WRX as a ricer... Since MOST are tastefully done, are fast in stock form, and can be made even faster with some mods..

When I think of ricer... I think of the Honda's with spinner hubcaps, gigantic wings, stupid looking body kits that arent installed right and fit like shit, multicolored body pannels, fart cans, and spray painted interiors..

Users who are viewing this thread