Which one will yield more power with my planned mods? Billetflow TB or catted X pipe?

Which one will yield more power with my planned mods: Billetflow TB or catted X pipe?

• Billetflow TB

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • catted X pipe

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters

brasil

Mordida Venenosa
Established Member
My 04 is scheduled to arrive this week. :beer: I have ordered a Stinger and will order a Steeda CAI. I do not want to pulley or chip it until about 5000 miles to make sure there are no problems (my 03 was bought back from Ford)

The question is: In your opinion with the two above mods, which one will yield more power, a catted X pipe or Billetflow TB? I would rather wait on the X pipe until one comes out specifically designed for the 04.

PS: Please keep the price issue aside. I am just looking to find out which one will yield more power coupled with the two above planned mods. Thanks!!

Juiced-03

Established Member
I voted for the X pipe. You will only notice a better throttle response with the TB with a stock pulley. The X pipe will help you flow more power in the higher RPM's which is what these things need!

brasil

Mordida Venenosa
Established Member
Thanks Juiced. I had a Magnaflow catted X pipe and CB in my 03 with a Steeda with a Steeda CAI. I noticed that when I added the X pipe, i lost some low end torque. I am sure I would have gained it back with a pulley, chip, and dynotuning, but it did feel like there was not enough back pressure with the stock pulley. I feel that our cars already breath good up top.

The engine will breath better in the higher RPM's too with a Tb, as it flows more air, correct?

brasil

Mordida Venenosa
Established Member
Doug, I appreciate that you, the manufacturer of TB's, will have the honesty to say that you believe the X pipe will offer further gains than the TB at this point.

So is the TB only worth while if the car is pullied, chipped, and/or ported blower? I plan on doing those mods down the road, but through what I have gathered with most of you, a difference in power cannot be felt with the addition of a TB, if the car only has a CAI and CB, correct?

brasil

Mordida Venenosa
Established Member
more opinions please? What other power mods could I add (besides pulley, chip, ported blower) besides the X pipe, or TB? I don't think that there are any at this time? I want to wait a few thousand miles to chip and pully the car.

dougwg

Established Member
Originally posted by brasil
Doug, I appreciate that you, the manufacturer of TB's, will have the honesty to say that you believe the X pipe will offer further gains than the TB at this point.

I have always tried to be upfront and honest, it's because of the way I was raised.

I will NEVER lie to anyone just to make a sale... remember.. I have to live with myself.

I am not a salesman... I am a blue collar worker (just a toolmaker) that happens to make cool chit for cars.

too bad some vendors feel the need to lie through their teeth every chance they get just to make a buck

brasil

Mordida Venenosa
Established Member
Doug, the Dyno that you posted, the TB netted 15 HP and 10 LBS of torque. Are those corrected (SAE) or STD. IF these numbers are SAE, then the TB would net me more horsepower than the X pipe. Through what I have seen X pipes on cars with just a CB and CAI, net only about 5 HP?

dougwg

Established Member
sorry.. went out to dinner with some friends :)

according to the dyno pic's they are STD (look on the left side)

I don't think it matters whether it's STD or SAE as long as when compairing, you use the same correction factor... but I'm no dyno guru :shrug:

hope this helps... :)

P.S. I'm stuffed... (Chinese Buffet)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread