Which programmer is best

XFORDHATER

Established Member
Before I spend a bunch of money, Which programmer is best and why? I will get the car proffessionally tuned once I get a blower pulley etc. but a programmer is needed to have it tuned right?

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
I will get the car proffessionally tuned once I get a blower pulley etc. but a programmer is needed to have it tuned right?
Yes, most tuners will require the purchase of a handheld unit. The Predator and SCT units are the most widely used but I believe the SCT unit can hold more different tunes.

BBCOBRA

Established Member
You may want to find a good tuner in your area and see what they prefer to use

+1 on this.
I had a predator and used it for years, no issues. I just switched to the SCT in order to get a cuatom dyno tune some time in the future. This particular tuner only uses SCT.

The SCT does have the atvantage of holding multiple tunes.

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
Before I spend a bunch of money, Which programmer is best and why? I will get the car proffessionally tuned once I get a blower pulley etc. but a programmer is needed to have it tuned right?

The one that your professional tuner uses and recommends. Determine who you're going to have tuning your car first and then buy what he recommends. :beer:

Unfortunately, I learned that leason the hard way... :(

Users who are viewing this thread