Which RAI and Slot MAF?

mrspeedy69

W.O.R.D.
Established Member
It's been a while since I've posted on here and my build has been done for a while but thinking of changing things up.

Running a TVS gen 2 at about 21-22psi. Car makes good power around 700. Right now I have a JLT Highboost cold air and an SCT BA3000 MAF. Wanting to change to a RAI and a slot style. What do you all recommended? It's been a while since I've actually looked at that stuff.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I'd stick with your current MAF and run whatever RAI you want. I have the JLT RAI with the BA3000 and no issues at around 700hp. Why are you wanting to change?

mrspeedy69

W.O.R.D.
Established Member
I’ve had some drivability issues from day one. I’ve had two different tuners times it and kind of the same issues. WOT it’s great, but kind cruising and just normal driving it wants to go lean sometimes. Or cruising on the highway 60-70 sometimes if I push in the clutch to slow down it will die. Talking to the tuners and a few others a lot of them think it’s my intake and the maf causing some of that.

9397SVTs

Established Member
Some prefer using factory Ford slot MAF's. You can adjust as necessary by selecting the appropriate pipe diameter.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I’ve had some drivability issues from day one. I’ve had two different tuners times it and kind of the same issues. WOT it’s great, but kind cruising and just normal driving it wants to go lean sometimes. Or cruising on the highway 60-70 sometimes if I push in the clutch to slow down it will die. Talking to the tuners and a few others a lot of them think it’s my intake and the maf causing some of that.
Interesting. My friend runs the high boost and doesn't have any issues that I know of now. I did have to adjust the throttle stop on his throttle though. He was having the random stall issue. After I adjusted it everything has been good.

CJHAMIL

Pew Professional
Established Member
I have the VMP5000 and the adapter from Lethal Performance. My tuner had no issues with tuning. To be safe call your tuner and see what their preference is.

Users who are viewing this thread