Which Roomba

SGT MERC

Established Member
Which is the best Roomba to get without paying a mortgage for it? I have 3 dogs and I want it to be able to go around and against obstacles.

I have no idea which section to put this in.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Ask this guy.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Mine savors dog poo. It is the iRobot 3+. Does a decent job. I have one upstairs and down. They have the bins where they empty themselves, but look at Black Friday sales to get the best price.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member

railroad

Established Member
I think mine is an S-7 without the auto emptying feature. I bought just the base and vacuum. It has not spread any pet issues and cleans very well.
It has gotten trapped under the table, when all the chairs are in place.
I run it on manual. Turn it on, leave the house.

7upstang

Established Member
Our dog sheds, I spent better money getting a self emptying unit. Also, the higher end models do a better job of mapping out your home and following a pattern.

Sometimes ours doesn't dock correctly and the battery dies. Also, the house needs to be pretty well picked up for the roomba to work properly.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
Just make sure you give it a female name when you get it. Wife tried to name ours Buster. I says no man vacuums in this house.

Jamose

We splurged and got the iRobot S9+ and love it. Definitely not cheap, but handles pet hair well, self empties and docks itself. It does an *okay* job of avoiding obstacles, but has trouble with things that lay really low on the floor.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Our dog sheds, I spent better money getting a self emptying unit. Also, the higher end models do a better job of mapping out your home and following a pattern.

Sometimes ours doesn't dock correctly and the battery dies. Also, the house needs to be pretty well picked up for the roomba to work properly.
Who works for who? I do the same - pick up chairs, shoes, etc…. Ours can vacuum for several hours….

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
We splurged and got the iRobot S9+ and love it. Definitely not cheap, but handles pet hair well, self empties and docks itself. It does an *okay* job of avoiding obstacles, but has trouble with things that lay really low on the floor.
Like turds?

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Screen Shot 2023-07-03 at 5.17.01 AM.png

7upstang

Established Member
Who works for who? I do the same - pick up chairs, shoes, etc…. Ours can vacuum for several hours….
Well, I have a two year old...so my house looks like a tornado hit about 20 minutes after we picked up. One time it caught the edge of the a thin blanket and that was all caught up in the roomba.

Adower

Established Member
Dont make the mistake of it getting everything. You'll have to come behind it sometimes and vacuum. However, its definitely a game changer.

Users who are viewing this thread