Which Scanner can read ABS codes?

Maverick-4

Established Member
I'm trying to read a ABS code on my cobra. Tried few scanners including a pricey SnapOn scanner with no luck. Car still under warranty but i rather not take it to a dealer and have those bozos take my baby around for a joy ride...

If I can read the code I can likely fix it myself, any one have luck with a specific scanner reading the ABS codes?

stolher

Live Free
Established Member
So you have an 04 cobra under warranty still? That is pretty sweet! I have a scanner at the house. I'll unplug one of my sensors and see if it reads the code

Maverick-4

Established Member
So you have an 04 cobra under warranty still? That is pretty sweet! I have a scanner at the house. I'll unplug one of my sensors and see if it reads the code

Yea its one of those extended warranties but it's expiring at the end of the year so I like to get it taken care of before it does..

Maverick-4

Established Member
I went to the local autostores and I confirmed as I suspected, Autozone, Pepboys and Oriley wont read the codes... I tried my ACT tuner, my Diablosport, my OBDI scanner Cen-tech 99722, my buddies SnapOn Solus (pro i believe) and nothing...

Maverick-4

Established Member

BLU3VN0M

SVT Addict
Established Member
I know for a fact the SnapOn will read the codes, i've read mine. It wont show up under a normal scan, i believe you have to go into a special scan for it to pull the code. Play around with it a little and you should be able to get it.

SnakeBite4487

Been Bite Lately?
Established Member
Thanks for the info bud, another one of my buddies came by today with his spanking brand new SnapOn Solus Ultra with the latest update... and ... nothing lol I'm suspecting a bad module at this point...

My SCT X Cal 2 reads codes, however i have never had any codes to read on my car so i dont know if it will read abs specific codes. I would take it to the dealer and tell them you want them to READ the abs code ONLY! And i would stay with the car while they do. If they take it for a ride, go with.

Users who are viewing this thread