Which set of tires should I get?

Stopsign32v

Established Member
ET Streets

ET Drags

M/T DRs

All will be 15" versions and 26" tall the DRs are 275/50/15s. I will be running the car at the track. Its a 03 mach 1 5 speed with stock clutch and Moser 28 spline axles. I will need to drive 1.5 hours to the track on these wheels probably but I have driven that far on ET Drags and still ran 1.5 60'. I was thinking about the DRs but the stiffer sidewall on 28 splines scare me. I will probably be doing a 6,000rpms clutch dump... suggestions on which tires to go with?

stang910

Established Member
I wouldn't be dumping the clutch on radials. I already destroyed a rearend by doing this. If it helps any I just ordered Hoosier QTP's cause of all the good things I've heard.

mustangcrazybj

Established Member
My vote is for Hoosier Qtp's too. My old supercharged 2006 Gt pulled mid 1.50's 60' times on them and the Et Streets pulled mid 1.70's with the same setup.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
But I can't find any QTPs used. I found some ET Streets for $200 in good shape local.

CobraStruck

Fastest Eaton/6-Speed/IRS
Established Member
Do not get the M/T drag radials if you are a manual car looking to launch hard. I can't get mine to hook at all. I'm running 275/60R15 M/T drag raidals and can't launch with them at all. Best 60' I've cut is a 1.63 and that was leaving like I would if I had street tires on. I would get the Hoosiers in a heartbeat over the M/T. I had some 335/35R17 Hoosiers and cut a 1.53 60' with them. I don't know why I tried M/T.

mustang john

Established Member
ET Street bias plys, they stick well and are street legal and will give you a better chance of not snapping an axle over a drag radial. Just be carefull, they will ALL suck if it rains.

T davis

Established Member
Mickey ts et street they will hook good there's someone who ran a 7.50 in the 1/4 on those tires!!!!

Ratchet27

Established Member
I've got nothing but postive things to say about the ET Streets. Never had much luck with their Dr's though.

Users who are viewing this thread