Which shift knob for my 10th Cobra(pics included)?

Which shift knob for my 10th Cobra

• Stock 10th Anniversary "Carbon-Fiber" knob

Votes: 21 50.0%
  • MGW chrome Cobra head knob

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • MRT red w/ black 6-speed acrylic ball

Votes: 13 31.0%

• Total voters

Torch Red 10th

Established Member
I've got the stock 10th anniversary knob, an MGW chrome Cobra head engraved knob, and the new MRT red 6-speed round knob. The new MRT is fat and feels awesome. Quality is top notch on all three. I've got some chrome accessories, but I've also got red interior accents too. As of now, the MRT is my favorite. Obviously it wouldn't look good on much other than a 10th anniversary or regular Torch Red Cobra, but what do you guys think? I wanted some more red, but red painted interior looks extra cheesy, so I figured this was the route to go. :shrug:

shift%20knobs%201.jpg

shift%20knob%202.jpg

Last edited:

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
I have the white MRT knob and LOVE it! feels awsome and looks sweet too. In your case I would go with the MGW for looks. The 10th anni already has a lot of red accents in it, personally the red ball goes over the top.

EDIT: I just noticed your gauges...have you considered getting the white one? It will go with the gauges nicely.:coolman:

Last edited:

Torch Red 10th

Established Member
Originally posted by Narcosynthesis
68_1.JPG

I seriously hope you don't have that shift knob in your car dude! I can't believe anyone actually makes that. I've seen the valve stem caps like that on ebay, but the shift knob?

Narcosynthesis

Knees in the Breeze!
Established Member
Originally posted by Torch Red 10th
I seriously hope you don't have that shift knob in your car dude! I can't believe anyone actually makes that. I've seen the valve stem caps like that on ebay, but the shift knob?

lol, *** no I don't have that shift knob on my car. :D I'd hate to meet a person that does.

xxxzach

Established Member

i've seen a 95'ish cobra with that shifter. i wrote a note and stuck it on the windshield. The note said, "Why did you destroy a beautiful car with rice?" and other anti-rice type stuff and something about how he should lose the car for that :nono:

JaketheSnake

roll race? where?
Established Member

what's sad is that I know a guy that has the shifter, stems, and door locks, even though he said he put them on there as a joke, they still are on there to this day! ahha

xVENOMx

straight boostin
Established Member
i would say stock knob or mrt. the stock 10th knob is really nice, i like the whole carbon fiber look with the knob/boot/steering wheel/e brake boot & handle

Last edited:

jcayer

Eats Ryc
Established Member
I have the stock one on now, I bought the red 6spd from mrt, and loved it for a daily, but I went to the track with it, and no matter what I did, I spun the shifter...and the mrt developed a serious rattle/vibe thing that drove me nuts, so I put the stock on for daily, and I have a hurst t handle that I use for track events....

blown330

Established Member
i don't think many of you know this, but mgw has a shifter that billitt on the bottom and the top is red w/ a chrome svt symbol, the grip is black rubber. i put it on my dad's 10th ann. and the red pretty much matched the interior.

but there is bad news. mgw no longer carries them and there are only a handfull left. but by far this is the best looking shifter for the 10th ann. i have seen.
i'll try to post some pics.

later

Users who are viewing this thread