• Pro 5.0

Votes: 37 46.8%
  • Steeda

Votes: 42 53.2%

• Total voters

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
I love my tri-ax. I have some install pics on my web site. I also added a small piece of rubber between the shifter and handle. It quiets it down a little.

CuLaTeR

Established Member
My 96 mystic has a B&M ripper shifter that I love. Kinda notchy feeling but very precise shifts. My 03 has the Tri- ax shifter in it. Similar to the ripper shifter. I like the both if them. Huge difference from the stock shifter.

NOGM4ME

Wasted Rock Ranger
Established Member
Just put a Tri-ax in my car. Went out and pounded some gears and it sure is a more positive feel, CLICK,CLICK,CLICK,CLICK :burnout:

SouthTXSnake

Established Member
Have the tri-ax for a few months and its a big difference from stock, but never felt right. Installed a MGW handle, and its a whole new car. I'm able to adjust the handle to my comfort. Haven't missed a shift yet!!!

Twinturbo Ranger

Established Member
StlBlack03- You said the 5.0 is quieter, is that on the 6 speed? I've always used Pro 5.0's on all my projects and I came across my Steeda Tri-ax on a trade. I figured it had to be about the same, but I was wrong it is noisy. I've been wondering if it's the shifter or if the 6 speeds are noisier than the T-5's?
Thanks Mike

beabout

Established Member
I know, choice was between Steeda and Pro-50 however, I tried the Steeda 1st, didn't care for positioning and noise. Purchased Hurst and love it. Feels like shifting a precision instrument. Noise level is lower. My impression is that the construction and materials used is better than the former choices given.

Anything!! is better than the stock unit that feels like a stick in oatmeal. Just my .02

Last edited:

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
USED OR NEW?

Originally posted by tommygun
steeda shifters are 135.00 on ebay
good deal and I love my tri-ax

I've never used Ebay, when you buy a shifter on Ebay is it used or new? How much does a Pro 5.0 cost? Cheapest place to get Tri-Ax besides Ebay? Thanks for feedback.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Do the shifters look stock, like can you use the old boot and knob on all of them?

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
Originally posted by johnsonl
Do the shifters look stock, like can you use the old boot and knob on all of them?

To answer your question, the Pro 5 and Steeda 'look' stock once installed. Your factory outer boot stays, and shift knob screws right on the aftermarket shift handle. If you put the stock shifter, out of the car, next to the aftermarket shifter the difference is obvious.

Users who are viewing this thread