which side is bank 2???

Breakin10s

Rookie SVT Poster
Established Member
my service light came on and I checked it at auto zone. And they said bank 2 is lean.
Would a ported Eaton cause this?? or I changed the stock 80 meter to a 90 meter cause this??

I have no chip, or programer. and i have stock pulleys
I have a 2000 Lightning

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
Breakin10s said:
my service light came on and I checked it at auto zone. And they said bank 2 is lean.
Would a ported Eaton cause this?? or I changed the stock 80 meter to a 90 meter cause this??

I have no chip, or programer. and i have stock pulleys
I have a 2000 Lightning

Drivers side is Bank2. I'd go with MAF over the porting.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
What he ^ said. Put the 80mm maf back on and do some research/homework before you continue modding so you'll know what you're doing and what will need to be done to remain safe.

Breakin10s

Rookie SVT Poster
Established Member
I was demodding my truck. all that is left is the 90 meter, ported blower, 373 gears that I didn't want to take off.

Would the 02 sensors have anything to do with it???

Breakin10s

Rookie SVT Poster
Established Member
today was the 1st day this year that I really drove it around. I put the plates back on. Before I was taking it around the block 2 a week and parked it because I had no plates.

I can be driving it around for hours without the service light, then when i shut it off and wait a few minutes start it up then it comes on.

Last edited:

Breakin10s

Rookie SVT Poster
Established Member
trust me it won't be a vented block. I'm not getting on it. And it's a built JDM shortblock. I was thinking of getting a programer for the upgraded 90, 373, and ported eaton. But hate to do it and it's not the problem. I don't have the stock parts anymore.

Lightningmike if u have a 80 and the black tube I'll buy it or if not try it to see if it's the problem.

sounds good

Established Member
so running a 90 on a all stock struck will make it run lean... i am having the same problem with the lean codes... i cant figure out what it is...

Breakin10s

Rookie SVT Poster
Established Member
I know a 02 that somebody put a 80 on it and the service light was coming on.

--Sounds good-- Do u have a chip or programer in yours or did u just do the upgrade meter ???

sounds good

Established Member
mines bone stock other than flows.... i just cant get the dag gum CEL to stop coming on.. ond it doesnt come one instanly either usually 40-80 miles after its been reset

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
sounds good said:
mines bone stock other than flows.... i just cant get the dag gum CEL to stop coming on.. ond it doesnt come one instanly either usually 40-80 miles after its been reset

Its called a drive cycle. Simply clearing the code doesn't fix anything. It just turns the lights off and sets code P1000 until all of the monitors pass there self tests.

Once they pass the self test, light turn back on.

Breakin10s

Rookie SVT Poster
Established Member
--sound good--- put the stock 80 back on if u still have it. Or get a chip burnt for it..

I got another ?? if i get a programer and load it into the truck,, When i go for a emision sticker do i have to unload the tune and put it back to stock tune??? Or can i leave the tune in??

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
No leave the tune in, but make sure you complete the drive cycle that Eric was talking about. I think its 10 starts of the truck but i am not sure........ and do not disconnect the battery at all. If you have the P1000 code the shop cannot pass your truck untill it clears, just drive the truck for a few days/ week and you should be fine.

sounds good

Established Member
i havent changed anything on my truck... its all stock.. but ive been thinking about getting a bigger maf for a 4# later in the future...

Users who are viewing this thread