Which Sticky tire to go with?

USMCracing

Established Member
Hey I've just a pair of 94 GT 16 inch rims to put some sticky tires on. I'm tired of not having traction at the track. I'm either going to BFG d/r or MT E/T streets. I have a old MM&FF mag and they test the two and the BFG was hooking just as good as the Slicks were. I can get the BFGs at $130 each and the ET streets for around $160 each. WHICH IS BETTER?

:beer:

Alex_96Cobra

Cant Sleep-Clown'l eat me
Established Member
I havent tried either but when I get new ones they will be ET Streets ona 15 inch rim. JThe way the look and the way they wrinkle they seem like they'd hook better, plus at the track I dont think i've seen many people do any worse than a high 1.8 on 'em. With my nitto DR's, I have done much worse :nonono:

I would say the ET Streets.

Alex

Peter

Established Member
alex_96cobra- I would second that, if using an automatic
tranny dr's do fine but with the stick the best bet
is a 15" MT et street, you wil get very good consistent
launches. The only problem is you my have to go to a
beefier axle(31 spline) because of the big grip!

:burnout: Peter

USMCracing

Established Member
What kind of 15 inch rims are you guys useing? I tried a V6 15 and it wouldn't fit. So I got a pair a GT 16s off of ebay for $75 for the pair. I'm thinking more of the ET streets too and getting 31 spline axles cause I know the 28s aren't going to hold up for long with that much traction. I just don't know what kind of dif to run yet, Auburn or a ford 31 spline trac loc.

Alex_96Cobra

Cant Sleep-Clown'l eat me
Established Member
I like the Eaton diff, since it is rebuildable, the FMS unit is rebiuildabel too but the Eaton is supposed to be tougher and has carbon fiber clutches. I am getting a set of Superior 31 spline axles with the Eaton for 559 + tax. I think it's a good price. If I HAD to pick the auburn or FMS unit I would go wot the FMS.

Alex

Peter

Established Member
Originally posted by USMCracing
What kind of 15 inch rims are you guys useing? I tried a V6 15 and it wouldn't fit. So I got a pair a GT 16s off of ebay for $75 for the pair. I'm thinking more of the ET streets too and getting 31 spline axles cause I know the 28s aren't going to hold up for long with that much traction. I just don't know what kind of dif to run yet, Auburn or a ford 31 spline trac loc.

I use the weld pro-star xp's in 15". Go with the Eaton and
31 spline axles.

Peter

Users who are viewing this thread